• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Everything has failure rates. A guy at church has the same model I do with 20k no issues. Despite the abuse I’m forced to put on my rig, nothing has fallen apart.

Reading consumer reports is tricky…never assume owners are two things: Good drivers and or maintain what they own. I read lots of compliments about ford, Chevy, Honda, even Toyota. Some complaints are for a poorly built windshield…rock trucks eat anything. Most people tailgate. Most people don’t service a lesser built transmission early. Most people don’t know cars like they say they do.

My advice to op is research what’s under the hood and what transmission it’s using. The used car market is shit. With new or if leasing is something you can do, why be stuck with the bill for repairs? If you want a maverick go test drive one and see what you think. Only a small percentage of people don’t do dumb shit on the road or with their cars. Again, consumer reports are sketchy.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'll never forget the 1st time I saw a Honda Ridgeline
    I was in Colorado, Above Durango on a Jeep trail ..just as the road started getting interesting..there sat a brand new looking Ridgeline on the side of the road.
    Nobody was near it we kept going up the trail about 1 mile walked 2 dudes in Berkenstock sandals and Patagonia jackets walking
    I asked them if they were ok and they said the road was getting kind of rough and decided to go on foot...lol

I dont think I'll ever find myself needing a HR as a vehicle..

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As mentioned already, lots of truck owners don’t use trucks like they could. Lots of folks don’t belong in bigger rigs. From trucks to semi trucks.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We've decided to get one soon. Whether to sell the Ranger or trade it is the biggest question for us. Of course finding the right one at a dealership that doesn't have add-ons and pre-installed crap we don't want will be an obstacle.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If you are a cash buyer, try and wait it out as long as you can. Things will come crashing down soon, and there will be deals to be had. Loan rates are climbing. Family budgets are getting tighter and trading up that 3 year old vehicle might not make sense to a lot of families right now. The chip shortage and supply chain issues are easing a little and dealers do have more inventory now. Definitely not empty lots like they had a year ago. Heck, I’m starting to get adverts now for less than MSRP

Top Bottom