• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I seriously need help here, folks. My sister is having to adopt and home school her 2 grand children. The home-school curriculum in her hometown, Paris, TX, is so liberal and black-oriented that she feels it's teaching black history month each day. She needs recommendations for Christian-based home school curriculum that is based in reality, true history, and real academics that is also accredited in Texas. What do you people recommend? Free or low cost would be good, too, since she's a senior on SS and her deceased husband's small retirement.
    Gun Zone Deals

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Have her contact any charter schools and independent church schools in her area for advice. There are also home school advisory websites she can contact. The Texas Education Agency in Austin should be a help as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    There are many Christian based, online schools here in Texas that are excepting new registration, don't remember them right of hand though. Like mentioned, contact the Texas Education Agency and they should give you an extensive list of schools.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I seriously need help here, folks. My sister is having to adopt and home school her 2 grand children. The home-school curriculum in her hometown, Paris, TX, is so liberal and black-oriented that she feels it's teaching black history month each day. She needs recommendations for Christian-based home school curriculum that is based in reality, true history, and real academics that is also accredited in Texas. What do you people recommend? Free or low cost would be good, too, since she's a senior on SS and her deceased husband's small retirement.

Christianbook.com
    Marvels
    Alpha Omega
    Monarch is by Alpha Omega and offers complete online schooling.

Both of my kids were home schooled and my wife is sitting here, telling me these names so you can look them up.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We're homeschooling our daughter, but for different (sports related) reasons. She's in the Texas Tech homeschool program and has been doing quite well with it.

jl808

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    +1 for Sonlight Curriculum, as a Christian based curriculum.

Singapore Math for the Math curriculum because Sonlight doesn’t cover this.

Also heard good things about BJU Press.

Abeka is also an option but it is more rigorous and requires more time from the parent.

Check out your local chapter of HSLDA for more resources. https://hslda.org

See if there is also a Christian Homeschoolers conference near your area. They usually have a lot of resources such as curriculums in those conferences.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom