• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Agree! I’m a simple guy…I can do most remove replace PM stuff, but I am not real comfortable with electricity…and happy to pay someone who won’t fry my home!

I like my electrician company a lot, and would stick with him regardless, but being a “Generac Certified” outfit makes warranty work seamless.
    Most places it's a moot point. As "could" is often overruled by code enforcement and power company rules. A sub panel system would be pretty simple for most anyone. But a full service transfer switch system gets pretty deep into "must be licensed" territory most places.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    i'm not a fan of diesel to gas conversions, but many do good and are mechanically more sound. what i've found out about generac service techs is that in some instances generac only pays them 1/2 of their time (some service times will vary). kinda difficult for any generac certified tech to want to work for them. another option (depending on size needed) is have a 220/240 plug tied into your electrical disconnect outside and use a portable gen. all is needed to do if an outage is throw the disconnect at the meter (or wherever it is) hookup the portable and start it. no need for the auto (although some have a remote start).

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    We bought the Generac 26KW Natural Gas fueled Genset in 2022.
    It has been fine and has run afew times for up to one week.
    We bought the largest Air Cooled Unit which was more than needed for our house.
    We let our neighbors plug in to keep their Freezer, Refrigerator and a fan(s) going.
    It has been good thus far.
    We do pay for the Annual Maintenance and have the Mobile Link Software.
    We are in the The Woodlands and bought from Tomball Generator Supercenter.
    They have been good and no complaints.
    Do recommend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    We bought the Generac 26KW Natural Gas fueled Genset in 2022.
    It has been fine and has run afew times for up to one week.
    We bought the largest Air Cooled Unit which was more than needed for our house.
    We let our neighbors plug in to keep their Freezer, Refrigerator and a fan(s) going.
    It has been good thus far.
    We do pay for the Annual Maintenance and have the Mobile Link Software.
    We are in the The Woodlands and bought from Tomball Generator Supercenter.
    They have been good and no complaints.
    Do recommend.
    When it codes out it gets to be a PITA to reset sometimes. I like the self test run it dies ever so often. What ticks me off is when it doesn't keep up with charging the battery! We have NG gens also and know lots about what pressure it needs to run smoothly. The people that hooked it up kept arguing with me about the pressure (plumbers) as they said it beed 14ozs.......nope, too much for this 1. Nit any different thatgas engines with the wrong a/f ratio about rich or lean.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ... another option (depending on size needed) is have a 220/240 plug tied into your electrical disconnect outside and use a portable gen. all is needed to do if an outage is throw the disconnect at the meter (or wherever it is) hookup the portable and start it. no need for the auto (although some have a remote start).
    I have used this method for the last 25 years and have no problems, however as I'm not getting any younger, I want to have an automatic transfer during an outage. Additionally I monthly travel for duty with my State Guard unit. My wife would not be able to manually disconnect and reconnect to the utility service.

Top Bottom