• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Didnt know enough evolution of our vision system has happened to keep up with modern advances in lighting to accommodate for the sudden introduction of 1k+ lumens in a small room environment to also not blind the user and disrupt their own vision temporarily
    More light is better...

You may squint, but you will BLIND the fellow looking directly into it. I don't think you will meet anyone who does building searches or entry who thinks less light is better.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Obviously, but is it tight enough focus to still not get bounce back off a wall?

ETA: i liked cycleguys response.
    That depends on the light, there's so many out there I can't say what say, an olight for example may do.

A surefire m600df has quite a bit of flood, and it doesn't cause washout, or blind you.

It's not like you're pointing it at a mirror

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That depends on the light, there's so many out there I can't say what say, an olight for example may do.

A surefire m600df has quite a bit of flood, and it doesn't cause washout, or blind you.

It's not like you're pointing it at a mirror
    Start low (I'm not messy, I just tactically leave clothes on my floor to reduce reflection), then bring it up to your target.

Bci2nd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2019
    Howe
    There is such a thing as too much light, depending on the environment. Been doing entries and building searches since ‘04. Waking up in the dark, somewhat disoriented due to sleep and adrenaline mixing is completely different than making entry or searching a building either solo or as a team.

Enough light is better than too much light.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    More light is better...

You may squint, but you will BLIND the fellow looking directly into it. I don't think you will meet anyone who does building searches or entry who thinks less light is better.

.....unless your wall has a reflective surface (mirror, picture frame, etc.) Then you'll both be blind.....

Unless I need a spotlight in the woods, I'll stick to 500 lumens.

citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    I’ve got an Arisaka 300 series on my AR9 for home defense with a Surefire UE07 switch. It puts out enough light. If I were going to put one on a rifle I’d go with the 600 series.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I’m happy with my streamlight.

Streamlight for the win!

AR (5).jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Currently running a Streamlight HL-X on a BCM offset mount and Cloud Defensive pressure switch mount. The Cloud Defensive mount is key to getting wires tucked away without straps or zip ties. Marketing has gotten us to focus on lumens but the real issue is candela. Candela measures luminous power per unit emitted by a light source in a particular direction. In essence, it's how "bright" a light is at a certain point. Lumens are for ads. Candela is the actual brightness.

20230223_164449[6308].jpg

edited for clarity

Last edited:

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Currently running a Streamlight HL-X on a BCM offset mount and Cloud Defensive pressure switch mount. The Cloud Defensive mount is key to getting wires tucked away with out straps or zip ties. Marketing has gotten us to focus on lumens but the real issue is candela. Candela measures luminous power per unit solid angle emitted by a light source in a particular direction. In essence, it's how "bright" a light is at a certain point. Lumens are for ads. Candela is the actual brightness.

View attachment 374104

My Modlite claims a 69,000 candela and my Arisaka claims 55,000. The throw on them is pretty impressive.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    My bedroom gun doesn't have a light. Anybody that comes in that door at night gets shot. Not going to take the time to turn on a gun light. I will be blind and deaf for a few seconds after the shot(s). Don't need a light to 'clear' the house. Not going to shoot anybody outside.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom