• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Oh I definitely want my own personal CWIS, but I don't think .22lr is reliable enough for building a home grown one. Electronic jamming would be much more practical.

I think the most important thing is being able to detect incoming drones. You have to detect it to deploy any countermeasures, plus if all you had was detection you could at least take cover and unass the area.
    Sounds good. Unass, take deep shelter, wait it out.
    ARJ Defense ad

Reactions: gll

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Since this thread is about "what ifs," what if you just commandeer an actual C-Ram and enough ammo to let it loose on those pesky drones? Or what if you built an EMP gun? Or what if you built a jet pack and flew up there and grabbed them and punched them down by hand?

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    We use vehicle mounted 50Kw HEL’s (high energy lasers) to down everything from drones to rockets to missiles to mortars at work. Any type of bombardment’s or drone swarms can be taken out effectively with a good laser.

Hopefully the 2nd Amendment might legalize the man portable 10Kw laser rifles or 5Kw pistols. With the flat trajectory it’s hard to miss.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    Since this thread is about "what ifs," what if you just commandeer an actual C-Ram and enough ammo to let it loose on those pesky drones? Or what if you built an EMP gun? Or what if you built a jet pack and flew up there and grabbed them and punched them down by hand?
    All those options are unrealistic.

My option is realisticly obtainable by the average person using commonly available tools and materials.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

My option is realisticly obtainable by the average person using commonly available tools and materials.
    I think more realistic would be hitting one with a 10/22 or AR than a Tippman gatling .22lr conversion. Those gatling conversions are both unreliable and not accurate. Maybe if you used some tracers to walk in the target, you may get lucky. I'd feel better about taking more precise shots out of some sort of auto-loader with an optic than a some heavy crank operated device with terrible sights.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You make a good point, and that is true, but I just don't think automated detection of possible after Without Rule of Law (WROL).

Supply lines will be down. I will only be able to use whatever computers I have on hand (7 crap ones). Electricity to run them for monitoring 24/7 will be precious. Full-time monitoring with cheap USB webcams will be impossible.

I abide K.I.S.S. I'm thinking a point-and-shoot machine on each side of the house. An electrical mini Gatlin-gun that just sprays for 15 seconds to knock them down. Something my Daughter can aim, and then a push a button.
    If it hits the fan and anarchy reins, will anyone be flying drones to threaten you? If the grid is down, how would they charge their drones? How would they have gas for their vehicles to get in your neighborhood?

I am not really seeing the threat here.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas

caliburn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Houston
    If you're not worried about legalities, other than throwing ammo at the thing, you can use something to disrupt the radio signal, if you know the approximate frequency, you can flood those bands with static or other noise so that the drone can't send or receive. when I was a kid we did something like that, with a spark gap and antenna, as a prank to disrupt our neighbor's TV and cordless phone, it also worked on the school staff's walkie talkies... I would guess that it would work on the wireless controls of a drone.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    How much does it cost to build one of those ?
    I don’t know, but hundreds of millions are spent on development and testing.
    But as the technology ages and advances, costs for actual rifles and pistol should be affordable.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Perhaps, I'm simply not 'in the know', but are we in danger of aerial drones?

About a year ago, my neighbor had a metal roof installed and the roofer boss used a drone to inspect the work being done.

So, far except for a few documentary type tv shows, it's the only one I've ever seen in real life.

I'm not disputing their potential as a danger, but what specific danger do they present...peeping toms/use by burglars or...?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

About a year ago, my neighbor had a metal roof installed and the roofer boss used a drone to inspect the work being done.

So, far except for a few documentary type tv shows, it's the only one I've ever seen in real life.

I'm not disputing their potential as a danger, but what specific danger do they present...peeping toms/use by burglars or...?
    As an occasional drone operator because of work I think I'm more aware of them than most. Sure, they have potential for danger, but not really more than your neighbor's car...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    JSR,

Isn't that a good thing to use against our enemies?

Or, are you concerned they'll be used by police agencies to spy on us civilians?

Or, criminals for that matter...

Hey, I've got enough to worry about with AI...sheesh!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio

Air drops of pictures showing nude Woopi Goldberg !

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I'm thinking a high-speed, full-auto .22 mini-gun on every side of the house. .22 caliber is cheap, and light-weight. After WROL, such a thing could be made in most home shops. They could employ DeWalt lithium-ion battery packs to power the small electric motor.

I have a machine shop in my garage, and I have designed & built equipment from the ground up, at different places I've worked with full manufacturing capabilities.
    But I wouldn't want to attempt this in my garage.

Please post a vid when you have your's built.
    You may want to contact Tippman for full blueprints, material list, heat treating spec.s, etc..

As you said,

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    You may want to contact Tippman for full blueprints, material list, heat treating spec.s, etc..
    I don't know who is Tippman.

Do you have a link ?

I need to collect as much information as I can while the Internet still has a modicum of Freedom.

I'm in the process of burning all my gun-smithing manuals and how-to videos to Blu-ray discs for long-term storage.

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    Do you mean the Russians? It's the Ukrainians who are using commercial drones to target Russian forces, with a lot of success so far but that will be coming to an end in the very near future as the Chinese-made drones they are using have vulnerabilities the Russians will soon be able to exploit.

More importantly, that is a war zone and all bets are off. Trying to do the same will mean not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no, you're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison!

And for the suggestion of electronic jammers, that will end the same way!

ddc633c2-2dac-4065-a3f0-d63d57aa89bb_text.gif
    Rasputin, we thought you wuz dead, but here you are - predictin' th' future again.

Top Bottom