• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    In the video below Billionaire Aeronautical Engineer Mike Saylor says the future of tribal warfare is automated drones; small, cheap ones, produced by the thousands.

This made me wonder what would be the best defense against such things attacking one's home.

I'm thinking a high-speed, full-auto .22 mini-gun on every side of the house. .22 caliber is cheap, and light-weight. After WROL, such a thing could be made in most home shops. They could employ DeWalt lithium-ion battery packs to power the small electric motor.

I don't think 12 gauge has the range necessary to knock down those things far enough from one's house. 5.56 is too expensive. They only need to get within 20 yards for their shrapnel and/or napalm to be effective.

Lynx Defense

• Haha
    Reactions: gll

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You don't own the airspace above your property, so there's legal implications for shooting one down.

The FAA requires all UAVs be registered before they take flight. It also prohibits flying over people or above 400 feet unless the drone is being used for hobby or recreational purposes.

If you shoot down a drone flying over your property, you could face criminal charges under Federal law, which prohibits willfully damaging an aircraft or airport facility.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Then there's the ant-drone drone.

IMG_4286.jpeg

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Lets look to the videos for the Ukraine most soldiers are totally clueless they are even being targeted.

What's up with y'all wanting to shoot up into the air? I sure hope I'm not down range of you. Don't most drones have downward facing cameras? A bump on the controls or just erratic flying should be evasive enough to keep a drone safe. Y'all think about the video proof you shouldn't own a gun.

And if y'all really think about it it's the high flying government drones you don't even see doing the most to phuc you up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    but from my understanding that could put you in violation of faa rules!
    Shooting at an aircraft is shooting at an aircraft. It doesn't matter if it's a 747 or a drone. It's a federal felony. Local police will likely not know enough or care enough to take any action at all but if the drone pilot talks to the right people at the FAA, well, shooting at an aircraft can ruin your life.

MMM had it right in post #3.

Of course, in an TEOTWAWKI situation, absolutely nobody will care.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Shooting at an aircraft is shooting at an aircraft. It doesn't matter if it's a 747 or a drone. It's a federal felony. Local police will likely not know enough or care enough to take any action at all but if the drone pilot talks to the right people at the FAA, well, shooting at an aircraft can ruin your life.

MMM had it right in post #3.

Of course, in an TEOTWAWKI situation, absolutely nobody will care.
    that was my understanding that even drones were covered under faa regulations!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Lets look to the videos for the Ukraine most soldiers are totally clueless they are even being targeted.

What's up with y'all wanting to shoot up into the air? I sure hope I'm not down range of you. Don't most drones have downward facing cameras? A bump on the controls or just erratic flying should be evasive enough to keep a drone safe. Y'all think about the video proof you shouldn't own a gun.

And if y'all really think about it it's the high flying government drones you don't even see doing the most to phuc you up.

Do you mean the Russians? It's the Ukrainians who are using commercial drones to target Russian forces, with a lot of success so far but that will be coming to an end in the very near future as the Chinese-made drones they are using have vulnerabilities the Russians will soon be able to exploit.

More importantly, that is a war zone and all bets are off. Trying to do the same will mean not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no, you're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison!

And for the suggestion of electronic jammers, that will end the same way!

ddc633c2-2dac-4065-a3f0-d63d57aa89bb_text.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom