Home Alarm Options/Suggestions

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
She went with Alert 360, 4 outside cameras and 2 inside.
She was able to get T-Mobile wireless internet for $50 per month and is in the process of upgrading her phone so she can view the system remotely.
I'll provide an update when it's all installed and working.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 10, 2021
Montana
She went with Alert 360, 4 outside cameras and 2 inside.
She was able to get T-Mobile wireless internet for $50 per month and is in the process of upgrading her phone so she can view the system remotely.
I'll provide an update when it's all installed and working.

Thanks and I hope that it all works out well for her!

Cate

lightflyer1

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
May 2, 2015
I just switched to the TMobile 5G home internet myself. One box and plug it in and up and going. All of my TV's are streaming models now and cut cable and went to YouTubeTV, and local over the air instead. Cut that bill by $100. Internet beats the 50Mbs max AT&T was providing at 300Mbs usually. Hope it works well for her! Used to lose TV when it even sprinkled out.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas Area, next month
$20/month monitoring:
https://www.alarmclub.com/

They are not horrible, and you can get your choice of systems you pay for, at about $900 less than the big boxes charge.
I did mine myself, but I think they can pre-program.

Depending on the options selected, one can (at the time I bought mine) select a system with WiFi, POTS (land line), and/or Cellular monitoring.

I pay for smash-protection monitoring.

My system was compatible with my old system series, so I was able to use all my old sensors, that I had with the prior system, when I canceled after the contract was up...

The easiest option is to get the contract with ADT, or someone, and and just pay extra...

Last edited:

avvidclif

Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 30, 2017
Van Zandt County
Install a few DIY sensors around the house. If they trip play the sound of racking a shotgun that was prerecorded.

Top Bottom