• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birdman858

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Holosun 507c or Burris FastFire III? units would be going on a CZ SP01 mounted via dovetail. After some research i narrowed it down to these two.. Not trying to spend 400+ dollars. Looking for your opinion, fire away!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I own two Holosun 507's - the 507C is on my current carry gun, and I have a 507K on my former carry gun. Both very good sights. Holosun's sights have made a reputation for being durable, having good battery life, and if you're not ready to spent RMR or Delta Point money on a sight, the Holosun is probably the best option on the market.

Holosun also has multiple reticle options - the standard 507C can rotate between 3 different reticles - circle-dot like an EO Tech, circle only, or dot only just with a button push. None of the other sights do that, IIRC. They also have the ACSS Vulcan reticle option if you get the Primary Arms version of the sight, which has a chevron inside a large circle that helps you align the sight intuitively. Again, no other sight has that option.

jc79

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    San Antonio
    I'll second the Holosun 507c. Very durable and reliable optic if you're not wanting to spend Trijicon RMR money, and it's what I'm using on two of my guns. My carry gun has a Holosun 507k.

Do a search for Sage Dynamics. These guys do extensive testing on red dots for handgun use. They've got a very detailed white paper on their testing posted on their website here

Their testing is a drop test and environmental test (freeze, heat, water) every 500 rounds.

The Burris Fastfire III had it's glass fall out and fail on the first drop test after 500 rounds.

The Holosun was still working with cracked glass after 10,100 rounds, including the above mentioned drop test and environmental test every 500 rounds.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Holosun 507c with the ACSS reticle. It's a great little optic. They run about $320 - $350 (depending on if you want a red or green dot) and can can be found at Primary Arms and Amazon. That reticle is VERY well designed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom