Venture Surplus ad

Hogue Knives..how did I not know about this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I was today years old when I found out that Hogue makes knives and cutting tools..
    Dang. I got to get out more

I lost my ZT folder.. it took me a month to realize it was lost at the ranch more than likely.. maybe it will still turn up one day...
    but I decided to replace it and I have like doing business with DLT Trading and thats where I found the Hogue line.

I just got one of these, can't wait to get it in.. Merry Christmas to me..

1639624422350.png
    Gun Zone Deals

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    That looks awesome. Let us know how it works out for you. I only recently found out that they make knives too and was just as surprised. How do you feel about the 154cm? Should be good steel but I have no experience with it

Ended up getting this for myself for Christmas

Amazon product ASIN B0080IYV3Q

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I've been carrying a Hogue like this one for about a year or so........Sig Sauer didn't renew with Benchmade and went to Hogue for their branded knives.......I mistreat it terribly opening boxes and things you shouldn't do with a nice knife.....other than sharpening, it has taken the abuse well....

1639632425956.png

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That looks awesome. Let us know how it works out for you. I only recently found out that they make knives too and was just as surprised. How do you feel about the 154cm? Should be good steel but I have no experience with it

Ended up getting this for myself for Christmas

Amazon product ASIN B0080IYV3Q
    154CM is one of the Crucible steels and just a very good knife blade material.
    It's great for corrosion resistance and it holds its edge good ..can be a tad hard to raise an edge ..
    It's a variation of the old 440C that Buck used..
    That stuff was harder than your mother in laws heart

You will love the ZT knife...Im sad I lost mine..

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Picked one of these a few months back, and so far I am very pleased with it. As noted above, it is a bit chunky. But at the same time, the larger size feels comfortable in my grip. Rides easy in my pocket with the clip and takes up just a tad more room than my Kershaw Link, but less than my ZT 0350. We'll see how I feel about it in a few years.

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Did you sharpen it at all yet? Looks awesome
    All that I have done so far is carry it and use it. It was sharp out of the box. It's lite and feels good in the hand. It also punctures def jugs like it was made to hate them . So far a week in, no wear on the blade. Also just as sharp as it came from the factory.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I was today years old when I found out that Hogue makes knives and cutting tools..
    Dang. I got to get out more

I lost my ZT folder.. it took me a month to realize it was lost at the ranch more than likely.. maybe it will still turn up one day...
    but I decided to replace it and I have like doing business with DLT Trading and thats where I found the Hogue line.

I just got one of these, can't wait to get it in.. Merry Christmas to me..

View attachment 293898
    I lost a Benchmade some 20 years ago when I used it to break up clumps at the rear of a fertilizer trailer and left it on the end of the trailer. So…….I hope you have better luck finding your knife than I have had.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    'Cryogenic heat treat'?
    ... Isn't that kinda like a wet desert? A glass hammer? A smart liberal? Or a silent woman?
    I get what you are saying but in reality, any temperature F or C or Kelvin, doesn't measure cold..

Cold is the result of the absence of heat. So we don't actually measure temperature in terms of how cold, rather how much heat there is or isn't for that matter.

It is actually a good use and combination of terms to use in order to describe that process

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I lost a Benchmade some 20 years ago when I used it to break up clumps at the rear of a fertilizer trailer and left it on the end of the trailer. So…….I hope you have better luck finding your knife than I have had.
    I used to carry expensive knives (over $80 back in the 80’s and early 90’s) and seemed to lose them about 1 every 3-4 months. Just stupid stuff like laying it down, loaning it out, etc. As a young NCO, it got expensive!

I somehow solved the problem of losing knives by buying cheaper ones...USA made Kershaw, Buck, etc. sub $50 knives. Rarely loose these for some reason...LOL! Still have a Buck 112 I bought used for $10 in the 90’s.

Honestly zero difference in performance and I no longer sweat using them for whatever...

Kinda like swapping out your Citizen watch for a Timex or Casio...still tells time the same way.

Not sweating the cool factor.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom