• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Deers can be dangerous too. In some areas where they roam places and people feed them clueless to what kind of damage they can do. They are wild animals. Not only can they cause deaths in car crashes. Those antlers can do some damage too if they get mad or panic. I saw a video of a young deer attacking a house cat and killing it. No telling what they could do to a young child if angered or panic sets in.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Deers can be dangerous too. In some areas where they roam places and people feed them clueless to what kind of damage they can do. They are wild animals. Not only can they cause deaths in car crashes. Those antlers can do some damage too if they get mad or panic. I saw a video of a young deer attacking a house cat and killing it. No telling what they could do to a young child if angered or panic sets in.

A child? What about adults?
    https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article221405830.html
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/man-took-selfies-with-8-point-buck-that-eventually-attacked-him/
    https://www.lohud.com/story/news/lo...lered-deer-attacks-montrose-woman/1929179002/

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    That why they make a S& W Mountain Gun in 45 LC and Buffalo Bore makes a 325+P load in that caliber. That is why I own one. I also own a Glock 40 MOS 10mm. You could also take a shotgun.I looked in my senior citizen retired job description and nowhere did it include raising adults to go out safely in the woods here in SE Texas. Here in SE Texas there are feral hogs, feral hogs and more feral hogs.

Last edited:

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I watched a show last Night on the Travel Channel called. Monster Encounters. The guy visited Crowley, LA where one of the brothers caught a 497 lb Boar. Its damn tusks looked like hunting knives. Then they traveled to another town in East Texas. One guy always outfits his hounds in a Kevlar Collar and a Kevlar vest. He said that some hogs were able to slice through 3 layers of Kevlar. :eek: It was also mentioned that feral hogs can smell stuff from 7 miles away and 25 feet under the ground. While they were looking for another Hogzilla they staked out a cow feeder with a blind and the other two roamed. all had heat imaging gear and scopes it looked like. Seems the Hogzilla took exception to the person in the blind and charged. The next sound over the radio was KA-POW. The guy seemed bummed about shooting the hog but understood you couldn't wait arouns when a 350 lb Hog hsas you on smell seeker and is charging.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I watched a show last Night on the Travel Channel called. Monster Encounters. The guy visited Crowley, LA where one of the brothers caught a 497 lb Boar. Its damn tusks looked like hunting knives. Then they traveled to another town in East Texas. One guy always outfits his hounds in a Kevlar Collar and a Kevlar vest. He said that some hogs were able to slice through 3 layers of Kevlar. :eek: It was also mentioned that feral hogs can smell stuff from 7 miles away and 25 feet under the ground. While they were looking for another Hogzilla they staked out a cow feeder with a blind and the other two roamed. all had heat imaging gear and scopes it looked like. Seems the Hogzilla took exception to the person in the blind and charged. The next sound over the radio was KA-POW. The guy seemed bummed about shooting the hog but understood you couldn't wait arouns when a 350 lb Hog hsas you on smell seeker and is charging.

I would not believe one iota of information that comes from those sensationalized idiots on that show. If they didn't actually show the charge from start to finish, I would call BS on that. So hogs can smell from 7 miles away and 25 feet underground? You know nobody has ever tested such nonsense, right?

Nice domestic hog they show in the trap preview segment, BTW.

They have some pretty hokey thermal gear, don't they? You would think a funded TV show such as that would have better gear than that. A lot of the very basic thermal gear weekend hunters are running is better than what they seem to be using.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    You may be right. I just gave a report of the show. I didn't state them as a scientific fact. The things that I do know is that hogs are omnivorous. That is probably the reason I posted about it ya think? So trying to thin the herd is pretty much impossible by trying to eradicate food sources. They are smart. They also have weaknesses. One I have noted is a preference for certain trails. If you miss them on the way out and are patient you will probably see them coming back that way. Hogs think with the stomach. A Big Hog needs a lot of food. Hogs are good at spotting motion. I realize that I am not the hog hunting god that Double Naught Spy is. Were you a CIA Super Spy? Since he is the worlds greatest hog hunter he will continue to make fun of me when I make remarks.They had better Thermal Gear than I have..lol. I am your humble servant and grovel in your presence mighty hog hunter.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    You may be right. I just gave a report of the show. I didn't state them as a scientific fact. The things that I do know is that hogs are omnivorous. That is probably the reason I posted about it ya think? So trying to thin the herd is pretty much impossible by trying to eradicate food sources. They are smart. They also have weaknesses. One I have noted is a preference for certain trails. If you miss them on the way out and are patient you will probably see them coming back that way. Hogs think with the stomach. A Big Hog needs a lot of food. Hogs are good at spotting motion. I realize that I am not the hog hunting god that Double Naught Spy is. Were you a CIA Super Spy? Since he is the worlds greatest hog hunter he will continue to make fun of me when I make remarks.They had better Thermal Gear than I have..lol. I am your humble servant and grovel in your presence mighty hog hunter.

Kinda thin skinned tonite aren't we!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I would not believe one iota of information that comes from those sensationalized idiots on that show. If they didn't actually show the charge from start to finish, I would call BS on that. So hogs can smell from 7 miles away and 25 feet underground? You know nobody has ever tested such nonsense, right?

Nice domestic hog they show in the trap preview segment, BTW.

They have some pretty hokey thermal gear, don't they? You would think a funded TV show such as that would have better gear than that. A lot of the very basic thermal gear weekend hunters are running is better than what they seem to be using.

Yep, all of that.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

Not making fun of you, but definitely of the information you presented. Information presented by such TV shows is hokey, at best. They pass on myth and made up facts and so when I see that information passed on, I will call it out.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom