• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    I recently bought an HK MP5 in 22LR and its the most fun that I've had with my clothes on!
    Its the same frame as the 9mm version and weighs in at 7 lbs but is chambered for .22LR.

1657415249782.png
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    They stopped making them years ago as a result of a lawsuit from HK... because you suck, and they hate you!

Eli

Nope, they simply had to change the name from the GSG-5 to the GSG-522 and a few other small modifications. I have one of each, and you can still buy the latter...

Reactions: Eli

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    You do know GSG has been making those for years now, don't you?

View attachment 331411
    CSG is not HK and the OP said:

I recently bought an HK MP5 in 22LR...

If HK is making them in 22 LR semi-auto versions, I'd like to get one. I did not know though, and still don't know for certain, whether or not HK is making them, thus my inquiry.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    If new when you bought it, please let me know where you got that and the approximate price.
    I got it from Bass Pro, and had it drop shipped to the Cabelas store in Fort Worth. It listed for four hundred ninty nine clams, but I had several hundred Cabelas points in the bank and used those against the final cost. I think that it was MSRP for the weapon.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    HK --> Walther ---> Umarex. I bought a GSG when they first came out and GSG had yet to be sued by HK. IMO, it was a POS. Bought the HK licensed MP5A5 shorty afterwards and had no issues. Originals were discontinued until recently but the models/features have changed. Add a cheapo claw mount and a red dot to have a good time.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I got it from Bass Pro, and had it drop shipped to the Cabelas store in Fort Worth. It listed for four hundred ninty nine clams, but I had several hundred Cabelas points in the bank and used those against the final cost. I think that it was MSRP for the weapon.
    Is it an actual HK? Thanks for the other info.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I recently bought an HK MP5 in 22LR and its the most fun that I've had with my clothes on!
    Its the same frame as the 9mm version and weighs in at 7 lbs but is chambered for .22LR.

View attachment 331161
    I have one also @Dave Z . It is by far the most fun gun to shoot according to all of my family members. I have added a pistol brace which requires a slightly different end cap than the original MP5 and added a rail, also slightly different, and a red dot. The end caps that work for the brace are as far as I know only available from two sources. You can PM me if you would like more info. The magazines are scarce and are currently available from one place and the price has been hiked due to the scarcity of them. They do make a 50 round drum magazine however. I found a couple of the standard 25 round versions at a gun show today but they were still $40 each and were the ones made by Walther.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom