• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Pasadena for me has always been my favorite show. I have drive nearly an hour to get there, but I am rarely disappointed. Who gets mad at free parking!
    There are a few deals to be had. Not everything is to everyone’s liking. I have found many appealing things over the years. YMMV.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Exactly. A "swap meet". No dealers or bills of sale would be am new here allowed. Only weapons and ammo. No jerky!
    Hi. I am new here and from Nebraska. I was looking for info on rifles and ended up here. I agree about a swap meet. I go to gun shows in Nebraska and Kansas. I am legally allowed to buy firearms, but don't want my name on any lists, so I buy only from private parties. In Nebraska, to buy a handgun, you must have a Concealed Carry permit, or a Permit to buy a handgun. There are no permit requirements to buy a long gun. However, the last two gun shows that I went to, all the sellers had agreed among themselves to ask for one of those two permits before selling ANYTHING, even a long gun, even though it is not required by law. I was looking for a single-shot 12ga. shotgun at the time. So I left without buying anything. They even charged admission to get in. I was not happy.
    What is the situation at your local gun shows ? I would be willing to drive a fair distance to attend a gun show if I had a reasonable expectation of finding some interesting treasures there, even as far as Texas. I am retired, and enjoy weekend trips sometimes. Thanks for your help.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Hi. I am new here and from Nebraska. I was looking for info on rifles and ended up here. I agree about a swap meet. I go to gun shows in Nebraska and Kansas. I am legally allowed to buy firearms, but don't want my name on any lists, so I buy only from private parties. In Nebraska, to buy a handgun, you must have a Concealed Carry permit, or a Permit to buy a handgun. There are no permit requirements to buy a long gun. However, the last two gun shows that I went to, all the sellers had agreed among themselves to ask for one of those two permits before selling ANYTHING, even a long gun, even though it is not required by law. I was looking for a single-shot 12ga. shotgun at the time. So I left without buying anything. They even charged admission to get in. I was not happy.
    What is the situation at your local gun shows ? I would be willing to drive a fair distance to attend a gun show if I had a reasonable expectation of finding some interesting treasures there, even as far as Texas. I am retired, and enjoy weekend trips sometimes. Thanks for your help.

FFL vendors here will make you fill out a 4473 and do a background check. If you have a Texas License to Carry(LTC) the background check is waived.
    Some vendors can and do the background check anyway.
    I was under the impression an out of state resident could not purchase a handgun in Texas unless they have it shipped to their FFL in home state. There is some exception about long guns.
    Dealing with individuals is a private sale and not regulated unless you volunteer information which would prevent the sale. Example: I’m gonna kill my cheating wife with this baby!
    Our shows don’t have anything yours in Neb. have.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    FFL vendors here will make you fill out a 4473 and do a background check. If you have a Texas License to Carry(LTC) the background check is waived.
    Some vendors can and do the background check anyway.
    I was under the impression an out of state resident could not purchase a handgun in Texas unless they have it shipped to their FFL in home state. There is some exception about long guns.
    Dealing with individuals is a private sale and not regulated unless you volunteer information which would prevent the sale. Example: I’m gonna kill my cheating wife with this baby!
    Our shows don’t have anything yours in Neb. have.
    Thank you for your reply. I am mainly interested in rifles and shotguns. I have recently been interested in getting a lever action in .22 caliber, or maybe a lever-action fancy cowboy gun. A trip to Texas would also score me some good Tex-Mex food and some good barbeque on my trip. I will be checking out this excellent site to hear about some guns shows down there.

Top Bottom