• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Found an old site reviewing this gun show and I didn't read one good thing about it. The timeframe was around 2015 and most of the complaints were about prices. So this is why I created this thread to get input from folks who frequent this site. You guys seem to be much more informed on matters such as these. I was planning on attending next weekends show thinking this might be the venue to find bargain deals on a holster and maybe a handgun or AK 47! I know these shows usually have the same vendors every time and some of the merchandise they are trying to sell have been sitting around awhile! Any and all input in regards to this event will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Prices on the guns and gear is typical.
    Where you get robbed is parking and entry fees.
    This.

I enjoy gun shows. I do not expect to find a SCAR for $1k, powder for $5/lb, or ammo for half price. Most people do and are the ones that complain.

I missed the golden age of gun shows (too young) where everything was a great deal and everybody left happy.

I just go to see what is out there and put my hands on some stuff that I normally don't see. I might find a good deal but am not disappointed if it isn't there.

I just go for the show.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    This.

I enjoy gun shows. I do not expect to find a SCAR for $1k, powder for $5/lb, or ammo for half price. Most people do and are the ones that complain.

I missed the golden age of gun shows (too young) where everything was a great deal and everybody left happy.

I just go to see what is out there and put my hands on some stuff that I normally don't see. I might find a good deal but am not disappointed if it isn't there.

I just go for the show.
    Yes those were the days when it was more collectors than anything else. Dad and I were there every month and a LOT of trading took place back in those days, in fact more trading than money changing hands. Today very little trading takes place its all about money.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I remember going to Market Hall and getting a table just so I could get in on all the deals on Friday. There's more guns and stuff move around on Friday than most people realize. Of course it wasn't all dealers then.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Last time I went, and it's been a couple of years, prices were all over the place. I was looking for a Glock 34 and found one 2 days before on GunBroker and saw that the shop was going to be at the show. Thought I would hold out and see if the show would give me a better deal. Turns out they raised the price nearly $100 for the show! When I asked about it they said they had sold that one. I pulled up the add and showed them you could see the serial number in the add and it was the same gun. They then said, "well that's the internet price and this is the show price." I bought from a different dealer for a lot less.

Moral shop around at the gun show and don't be afraid to haggle AND walk away. Deals are there but they are becoming harder to find.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Last time I went, and it's been a couple of years, prices were all over the place. I was looking for a Glock 34 and found one 2 days before on GunBroker and saw that the shop was going to be at the show. Thought I would hold out and see if the show would give me a better deal. Turns out they raised the price nearly $100 for the show! When I asked about it they said they had sold that one. I pulled up the add and showed them you could see the serial number in the add and it was the same gun. They then said, "well that's the internet price and this is the show price." I bought from a different dealer for a lot less.

Moral shop around at the gun show and don't be afraid to haggle AND walk away. Deals are there but they are becoming harder to find.
    Great post sir! Much appreciated info!!

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Had a great time at the gun show yesterday! I did drop 40 bills right off the bat on parking and entry fee! Picked up a S&W 9mm Shield and a S&W 686 plus 7 shot with 2.5" barrel. Paid 385 dollars tax included for the shield. He threw in an extra clip! Paid 685 tax included for the 686! All he threw in was a lecture on left wing radicals needing to be wiped out! He was a Vet so he's earned the right to talk $hit about anyone he wants!! LoL!! The most pleasurable thing about the show were the vendors i did business with. All were very polite and respectful of what i needed. A big difference from my last purchase at Carters Country in Houston when the condescending, very rude salesman told me i was an idiot for purchasing a Ruger over S&W! What a Jerk!! Also picked up a couple of holsters and Ammo! Anyways guys just thought i would share! Thanks!!
    IMG_1486.JPG

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Had a great time at the gun show yesterday! I did drop 40 bills right off the bat on parking and entry fee! Picked up a S&W 9mm Shield and a S&W 686 plus 7 shot with 2.5" barrel. Paid 385 dollars tax included for the shield. He threw in an extra clip! Paid 685 tax included for the 686! All he threw in was a lecture on left wing radicals needing to be wiped out! He was a Vet so he's earned the right to talk $hit about anyone he wants!! LoL!! The most pleasurable thing about the show were the vendors i did business with. All were very polite and respectful of what i needed. A big difference from my last purchase at Carters Country in Houston when the condescending, very rude salesman told me i was an idiot for purchasing a Ruger over S&W! What a Jerk!! Also picked up a couple of holsters and Ammo! Anyways guys just thought i would share! Thanks!! View attachment 142134

I like your revolver.

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    I remember way back when I would go to the show in the old astro hall. Back then you you could trade and there was lots of collectible and unusual firearms as well as lots of milsurp stuff. Now most of the stuff is normal everyday crap and if you trade they will not give anything for your stuff. I have not been to a show in around five years now since most of the time you can find what your looking for through other venues for less money.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember way back when I would go to the show in the old astro hall. Back then you you could trade and there was lots of collectible and unusual firearms as well as lots of milsurp stuff. Now most of the stuff is normal everyday crap and if you trade they will not give anything for your stuff. I have not been to a show in around five years now since most of the time you can find what your looking for through other venues for less money.
    I remember my very first walk thru of the Astro Hall gun show. I was the biggest & best I had ever seen up to all previous shows. Tables of NFA, Buddy Hinton with tables of H&K's that I had seen his ads in The Shotgun News. I really knew then I'd never leave Texas. Now you couldn't get me to go if you picked me up & bought my ticket with lunch afterwards. The shows went to shit leading up to when it moved to the Reliant Center.

Top Bottom