• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    If you have anything to do with health care, I'd read this carefully. You may be drafted to serve?

Another Scary Thing from this current Regime

Obama just got his private army--tucked away in the stealth (oops, make that "health") bill........

Every day will bring a NEW revelation about the 2,700-page Obamacare bill!!

Well he said during the campaign he would do this!!!!

So why are we surprised at anything he does??

Obama just got his private army…
    …And no one seems to have noticed. It is buried in the Senate revisions to the health care bill.

Subtitle C–Increasing the Supply of the Health Care Workforce
    Sec. 5201. Federally supported student loan funds.
    Sec. 5202. Nursing student loan program.
    Sec. 5203. Health care workforce loan repayment programs.
    Sec. 5204. Public health workforce recruitment and retention programs
    Sec. 5205. Allied health workforce recruitment and retention programs
    Sec. 5206. Grants for State and local programs.
    Sec. 5207. Funding for National Health Service Corps.
    Sec. 5208. Nurse-managed health clinics.
    Sec. 5209. Elimination of cap on commissioned corps.
    Sec. 5210. Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.
    Subtitle D–Enhancing Health Care Workforce Education and Training
    See the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, page 1312:
    SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.
    Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:
    SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.
    (a) ESTABLISHMENT–
    (1) IN GENERAL..–here shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.
    (2) REQUIREMENT.–All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act 2 of 1923, as amended.
    (3) APPOINTMENT.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.
    (4) ACTIVE DUTY.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.
    (5) WARRANT OFFICERS.–Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.
    (b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.—Effective on the date of enactment of the Affordable Health Choices Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.
    [Note here that those personally appointed by BO -- without advice and consent of the Senate -- automatically become a part of the Regular Corps. Ed.]
    (c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESERVE.–
    (1) PURPOSE.–The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.
    (2) USES.–The Ready Reserve Corps shall–
    (A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
    (B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
    (C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
    (D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 399SS) to improve access to health services.
    (d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to the Office of the Surgeon General for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014. Funds appropriated under this subsection shall be used for recruitment and training of Commissioned Corps Officers.

How many of you, dear readers, were aware of the fact that the health care bill created another army?

Raymond S. Shelton, LtCol.. USMC (Ret.)
    Humanities and Social Sciences Area Chair, College of Arts and Sciences
    University of Phoenix I New Mexico Campus
    11 Asher Rd. I Tijeras , NM 87059
    phone( 505) 286-9143 I cell (619) 379-8264 I email: rssusmc@yahoo.com

March 29, 2010
    Ready Reserve – Obama Brownshirts and HR 3590 Section 5210
    by Liberally Conservative @ 9:58 am.
    !x-usc:cid:002601cadb28$85f9dd00$4001a8c0@valueu5vw6upgc

The new Obamacare healthcare law creates a Ready Reserve Corp – an army of emergency responders The US Public Health Service describes this army as “an elite team of more than 6,000 full-time, well-trained, highly qualified public health professionals dedicated to delivering the nation’s public health promotion and disease prevention programs and advancing public health science.” It also says the force will respond on short notice to “routine public health and emergency response missions,” even involuntarily.
    According the US Public Health Service, the new health care army will:
    * Provide essential public health and health care services to under-served and disadvantaged populations
    * Prevent and control injury and the spread of disease
    * Ensure that the nation’s food supply, drinking water, drugs, medical devices and environment are safe
    * Conduct and support cutting-edge research for the prevention, treatment and elimination of disease, health disparities and injury
    * Work with other nations and international agencies to address global health challenges
    * Provide urgently needed public health and clinical expertise in response to large-scale local, regional and national public health emergencies and disasters
    This Marxist legislation recently added the following text to Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act:
    ‘(b) Assimilating Reserve Corp Officers Into the Regular Corps- Effective on the date of enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.
    ‘(c) Purpose and Use of Ready Research-
    ‘(2) USES- The Ready Reserve Corps shall–
    ‘(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
    ‘(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
    ‘(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
    ‘(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services.
    ‘(d) Funding- For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for recruitment and training and $12,500,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for the Ready Reserve Corps..’
    This unit will fall under the orders of Barack Hussein Obama and of course there is no Constitutional basis to this authority. The states use the National Guard (state militia) to handle emergencies, and obviously, this gives the president more power over the states.
    Complete article here - Ready Reserve - Obama Brownshirts and HR 3590 Section 5210 | Liberally Conservative

Texas SOT

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    an elite team of more than 6,000 full-time, well-trained, highly qualified public health professionals dedicated to delivering the nation’s public health promotion and disease prevention programs and advancing public health science.”

Woooo, scary... 6,000 capable medical personnel to assist with things like Hurricane Katrina or the earthquake in Haiti. Clearly this is the work of the New World Order.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    [/I][/B][/I][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Woooo, scary... 6,000 capable medical personnel to assist with things like Hurricane Katrina or the earthquake in Haiti. Clearly this is the work of the New World Order.

Where the hell does the money for this come from?

Oh yeah.. us.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    You work for the beast, you go the way of the beast. They have no Constitutional Authority, fair game.

megafatcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    There is an oversight commitee for everything in congress. Not this one. Why? Watch this group grow as they need support staff, then a security detachment to protect them abroad. Then in the US. Not covered by posse cometatus.
    Every gov't department grows. This is a small start.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    They're already out there. Trained. It isn't going to cost much. It would be like sending a bunch of medical personnel from Wilford Hall and Brook Army Medical Center TDY to a disaster.

Those guys are already commissioned officers. It sounds like it has something to do with civilian healthcare providers. I really can't tell if it is like "national guard" for medicine or some kind of conscription (I really don't know). There is only 12 million allocated anually (which who knows could be just for flying expenses, but there is nothing cheap about healthcare. Having a mobile hospital would dwarf those expenditures easily and you couldn't pay part time pay of many of MD's in the military, much less activating them. After med school, all MD's have the rank of Captain (or 1st. Lt. in the navy IIRC). I don't know how nurses in the military work, but you'd need a lot of them in ANY emergency.

I guess I'm not entirely sure what this means, frankly.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I guess I'm not entirely sure what this means, frankly.

Neither am I. Like most legislature it seems intentionally vague. Maybe I read it to be "military" because so much of the crap that I read in my day-to-day life has to do with military. I could be way off from the intended purpose of the bill, sure. I just hate to jump to a conclusion that "it's gonna cost taxpayers a ton of money" since they already pay for the military to begin with.

Edit: It could be something as simple as restructuring a Guard or Reserve unit to meet the MOS/AFSC requirements as outlined by the medical bill. Who knows.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    It's very simple to me. Should I trust Obammy, Reid, and Peelosi to have told us the, Uh, truth about this health care bill?

If I was one of those who believed them, I guess I'm a candidate for some of that Oceanfront Land in Arizona.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Trusting the current administration is much like watching main stream media believe only 20% and that may be too high of a number.

Top Bottom