• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve already looked in to some extras. Tree saver was on the list more because I don’t like wrapping a line around and hooking to itself than worrying about the tree, a recovery strap just for the extra length if needed, and snatch blocks are cheap for some extra pull.

We were pretty hesitant in a few areas on out last trip since we were riding alone and weren’t seeing many others on the trails. Could have been a long wait in the heat if we’d gotten ourselves stuck.
    Texas SOT

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Good deal - another plus about the tree saver - better to properly wrap around the tree and have a good hook point than "hook" the winch back to the cable - that creates a BAD stress point that can have severe consequences (snapping the cable). I used to be a "big dog" in the rock crawling world...years ago...I taught the safety class with heavy emphasis on recovery for the local 4x4 club. You can do crazy cool things with a snatch block. There was this one trail in Moab, UT, Upper (or Lower?) Proving Grounds...the only way up one section was to winch to an axle shaft drilled into the rock and go STRAIGHT up for 20 feet or so...used to have it on video....it was FREAKY! My buddy (a local) was one of the creators of that trail...he had no winch...so, once I was up I turned around and did an angle pull with the snatch block attached to that shaft and lifted him straight up...that's TRUSTING your equipment AND your buddy!!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    About a week ago me and a buddy went. I love my Disco. I have a membership and wheel and moto out there pretty often.
    1fa641d82b0e73fae2479df21904bbfe.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom