• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    If you go with bigger tires, think about changing your drive clutch Springs and weights, Loma at Heel Clicked, been running them on my Polaris ATVs since 2004
    Capitol Armory ad

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Those RZRs cost as much as a car, it’s crazy. I looked at some low end “Trail” models. Maybe in a few years…not gonna trade my ranger for one because it wouldn’t be worth losing the utility.

I did order a winch for it. May get some grip boards for cheating over the rocks that are really a little too big for it to climb, and considering going to 27” tires over the stock 25s with forward offset A-arms so I don’t have to lift it. Or a 1” lift with some spacers to make it a little wider and more stable.

Just wish there were some fun parks closer to home. There’s a mud park not far away, but older me prefers the puzzle aspect of climbing vs my younger days of just going full send at a mud hole.

Yeah, the prices are NUTS...I'm looking to order a PRO R in the very near future...it's literally stupid priced!

It's amazing what they can do though! Even the bone stock models climb like little billy goats! My first RZR was a 2014 Polaris 2014 RZR 800 XC - it was nothing special from a speed / hopped up machine but it was very nimble and took good direction....I remember many people *trying* to follow me up technical trails...."man, that guy is nuts!" LOL!! Yeah, I will take the LONG way to avoid mud! Climbing and trails are my thing! Also, short course racing is on my horizon....

Regarding mods - the more "stock" you can keep things the better the reliability / longevity, in my experience....once you start replacing this then that becomes a weak link and so on and so forth....a winch is definitely a very good idea! Keep on having fun!!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I thought about a new SXS…but at those prices, I’d be money ahead by putting a long travel / bedcage setup on my Silverado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Yeah, the prices are NUTS...I'm looking to order a PRO R in the very near future...it's literally stupid priced!

Well, dummy me...just got done with putting a deposit down on a new Pro R Ultimate....LOL!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If I get anything, I’m almost positive it will be a Can-Am Maverick Sport. Maaaaybe the Sport RC.

I like the Polaris lockers better, but the price jump from Can-Am to Polaris seems a little crazy. The Sport RC comes with an upgraded locker similar to the Polaris setup. But apples to apples The Can-Am Mav Sport is about 6K cheaper than a comparable RZR. Main difference seems to be the locker style (Polaris lockers are instant, Can-Am needs about a full wheel turn of slip) and the maintenance is a little easier on polaris according to the internet.

The Sport RC just has some factory upgrade to make it a little better for crawling on rocks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Stopped by a dealer today hoping to sit on one so I could compare it in person to a RZR though and look for anything to change my mind. Unsurprisingly they didn’t have any and the wait list is 2 months long. It they took me in the shop and let me look at a customer ride in for work. Getting GPS installed in the dash. I don’t know if there was any stock hardware left on it, guy said it was up to about 250HP and original cost plus mods was somewhere at or above $50K!

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    This is my current ride, it’s crazy fast. Only 144 HP… LOL. Jumps and handles like a dream. The new Pro R is CRAZY nuts overbuilt, on steroids…to quote my wife: “ours looks like the suspension components are sticks compared to the Pro R”….200 HP too…the downside is the OTD price is $47k….and that’s with no dealer markup…some dealers are adding to it…

Attachments

• 66CF5158-A314-44B8-980E-3A53610943D9.jpeg
      66CF5158-A314-44B8-980E-3A53610943D9.jpeg
      591.9 KB · Views: 49

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My wife says if I get anything else it should be a 4 seater. Idk, they are stretched like a bus, lol.

Doesn’t matter too much. Any ATV is about as common as hens teeth right now and I won’t be making any investments until I can plant my but in them and see how they really compare. Then I gotta convince myself it’s really worth it for me. With their were more good trails or parks nearby.

That’s a nice ride.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Off-roading in the SoCal deserts is one of the few things I miss.

The only SxS game in town back then was the Yamaha Rhino.
    They made 24hp stock…which is what my ZTM makes LOL
    My Rhino was built pretty nicely and it made all of 53hp

I will say our off-roading enjoyment took a huge turn for the better when I started modding and mobbing my trucks compared to SxS’s and quads.

Plus a day in the dirt meant my wife would burn thru half our fresh water just washing her hair LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I’d like to make it out to Glamis someday….Little Sahara in Oklahoma is probably more likely though.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Ok now I need to find out about Little Sahara
    Google Little Sahara State Park and you’ll be inundated with more info, pix and video than you care to read/watch . i have not been yet, someday soon. Friends have. What’s cool is that you can ride your machine from the campgrounds to the park, town etc. The town and mayor get it!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Google Little Sahara State Park and you’ll be inundated with more info, pix and video than you care to read/watch . i have not been yet, someday soon. Friends have. What’s cool is that you can ride your machine from the campgrounds to the park, town etc. The town and mayor get it!

Love it

I had an AZ plate on my Rhino, Lake Havasu was similar - you could ride them around like cars.

Summer was a bit brutal with 120+ degree temps…”it’s a dry heat”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    All of my ATV's were Street legal when I lived I. AZ. I could legally ride from my house across the highway in to the forest..It was nice.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    All of my ATV's were Street legal when I lived I. AZ. I could legally ride from my house across the highway in to the forest..It was nice.

I was in Phoenix on business back in April, I took some extra time and hung out with my car chief (team is based out of WI but the guys fly in from all over for races, etc) as he lives in the area - he's a desert rat! So, he got a few of his buddies with their machines (Toyota truck, Baja buggy) and we had a desert day! I rented a newish RZR XP4 Turbo out of Wickenburg, totally street legal...it was VERY cool to ride it around town and then we hit the desert - AWESOME stuff!!

As an aside, Texas has the "Off Highway Plate" and I have one on my RZR...I run it on the roads around my house every now and then...so far, no run ins with the cops....if you read the info on it: it basically says within 2 miles of your house, no roads over 45 mph, something about a golf course, etc...there's a facebook DFW UTV/SxS group where a bunch of folks have reported ZERO issues driving the OHV plated RZRs ALL over creation in the DFW area...usually in the outlying areas there....so, take that for what it's worth....there is one guy that went through a bunch of loopholes and registered his RZR in another state as a motorcycle (which you can legally do apparently) and then that made it street legal there....you then register it here in Texas using that title....and presto change....you're driving a street legal "motorcycle"....he's ridden it legally from DFW to MN and back...as in Minnesota....he's gotten stopped a few times but has the legal paperwork etc showing that he's legit...I'd love to legally be able to cruise around at will on mine!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Damn. I cringe any time my ranger tires have to touch a paved surface. Just don’t like the extra wear and hate buying tires for anything.

I live far enough down gravel roads that ATV/UTV driving is pretty much ignored. You’d have to be getting real stupid to draw enough attention that the sheriffs office would bother.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I hear you….but tires are a consumable. I usually go through 3 sets on race weekends (Trans Am TA2 car). Try some different tires on your machine. Running the Maxxis Ceros currently. Like them so far.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looked in to a RZR, but with the current market and interest rates I decided I don’t have that much motivation to get one. Though resale on my Ranger is ridiculous right now. Worth more than I paid for it new.

I did finally get my back ordered winch. Went with a RoughCountry 4500lb kit. Came with all the wiring, contacts, and switch. Ground wire could have been 6” longer, and wiring from contacts to the switch were way more than needed. But overall it’s pretty good. Probably never actually need it, but nice to have.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Winches are definitely a GREAT thing...especially if you trail ride with just your rig (as opposed to a group). I highly recommend a winch accessory kit (Warn sells them, the ones I'm familiar with are for Jeeps / trucks but the same principles apply: tree saver strap, shackles, snatch block, recovery chain for hooking onto odd points etc).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom