• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    They go really nicely in off road light housings too. Ive seen it done with the most powerful HID kit available on a Jeep. Holy crap you flip a switch and its day time.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Yes I have.
    I actually even called the PD about them.
    They said NO, You Cant Shoot Them Out!
    What about running them off the road, I asked?
    No! You Cant Run Them Off The Road Either!

th_smileygrumpy.jpg

I got a 2 mil hand held spot light to blind them right back...

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I think I'm going to go with the 5000k or 6000k. They seem like the color that would look very crisp yet not ricery.

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    4300k is about typical output from factory. if you want a cleaner, brighter white, 5-6000k is about what you want. 6 is getting close to blue, and over that it is def blue.... The blue crap seriously HURTS my eyes. Like a migraine type pain. Not even kidding.

Chris.Blaschke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Richmond
    I believe they increase both your visibility and other people's visibility of you. This is especially important on motorcycles.
    I put a retrofit kit 0n my Motorcycle for this very reason. I was careful to aim it such that it did not shine further down the road
    than the stock bulb. It just puts more and brighter light out to that distance. I have never gotten flashed by someone thinking that I have my brights on.

If you have ever been riding a motorcycle out in West Texas at night, you would want all the light you can get to try to spot the creatures before they cross your path. I also have a set of driving lights that are old school halogen. But they are 110 watts apiece and they shine down the road. They are so bright that the highway signs will blind you if you look at them when you pass them. I only use those in conjunction with my brights.

Top Bottom