• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    So I finally was able to get out of my expensive Austin apartment and buy a home in NW San Antonio. Just moved in and still surrounded by boxes - going to be some time before I get through them all. '

I would like to find a good gun club in the NW area - something with an annual membership - outside preferably.

So what are your recommendations?

I am currently a member of ARC in Austin and love that club but it's alas, 2 hours away now...

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Congrats on the new home. I'm not very familiar with the ranges on that side of town. I know we have several members in your area. I'm sure they will chime in soon. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I would like to find a good gun club in the NW area - something with an annual membership - outside preferably.

Most likely Nardis at Alamo Ranch or Mission Ridge Range & Academy on NW Military.

Neither is cheap.

Range USA is conveniently located at 410 and 151, an area where you don't want to be unarmed in the first place!

Cedar Ridge is a drive, as is Bandera Gun Club, but both are worth the trip!

Steer clear of the Bullet Hole, as it's first name should be "Ass."

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Thanks all - sorry for the delay. Things have been interesting.... my company conducted a second lay-off (I survived thank God) and we've also been re-organizing and such and well, I'm an old man and it takes it out of me to keep up with all of the BS.

Sounds like Bandera Gun Club is the pick!

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Haven't done anything yet... but I did make it to a Tejas Caballero match a couple weekends ago... now looking at ranges again... just going by the websites, I might like Cedar Ridge better than Bandera.... regardless, I need to find a club and start shooting again! @studenygreg, I'm keeping you in mind!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Haven't done anything yet... but I did make it to a Tejas Caballero match a couple weekends ago... now looking at ranges again... just going by the websites, I might like Cedar Ridge better than Bandera.... regardless, I need to find a club and start shooting again! @studenygreg, I'm keeping you in mind!

If you’re a SASS guy, there’s the Texican Rangers over in Comfort and a group down in Pleasanton, too.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    If you’re a SASS guy, there’s the Texican Rangers over in Comfort and a group down in Pleasanton, too.
    Hey thanks! Yeah, I have a good read on the clubs around here - I'm an original life member of the Tejas Caballeros up in Blanco and so that's where I'm shooting. It's a good hour to get there but that's ok - once a month.

I actually started with them up in Driftwood when they moved there and El Malo (Paul Sherrill) was organizing things. The club doesn't have a life membership any more but they do honor the few originals that are still hanging around lol

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Made it to the Tejas Cabellero Annual Match "The Woopin" - and I rejoined the club - they honored my life membership which is very cool. Here's a vid of me shooting - very slow but I hit every target on all 10 stages to shoot the match clean and even got a nice little pin for it lol. I need to change my ammo out - I loaded up some "gallery" loads using round balls but they turned out to be too low-powered and the primers would back out and drag the cylinder... not good. I have some lighter bullets now that I'm going to load to medium velocities... Still looking for a good range... I did go to Cedar Creek and it was OK... but felt kind of closter phobic with the quiz and such but it was OK. Damn, I gotta get some land of my own again... I sure miss it.

Top Bottom