• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    The TSA regs are always the same...its the airlines that make the different rules. Some limit ammo to 11#, one I know of limits ammo to 50#. Or at least they did last year. Seems like they wanted it separate as well. Last time I flew, I had two pistols and an AR with me and ammo for all 3....had no troubles at all on Southwest once again.

When flying armed, I always print out both the TSA regs and the airlines regs just in case someone needs reeducation. Haven't needed it yet, but I'm not taking a chance.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    When flying armed, I always print out both the TSA regs and the airlines regs just in case someone needs reeducation. Haven't needed it yet, but I'm not taking a chance.

While I've not needed to do so, that is a very good idea.

Also, if you encounter an airline employee that is not familiar with the procedures for checking in a firearm, be polite and patient with them. Remember that to us it is no big deal, but to some the mere mention of a weapon is enough to send them into a tizzy! This is especially true at airports.

Luckily, to date I have had nothing but positive experiences flying with firearms, but I have always found that a little charm goes a long way...

Cheers! M2

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    When I flew back to Ohio I took my .45. I bought a RedHead case from Bass Pro. It locks with a key. Went into the airport, they lady at San Antonio didn't even check if it was loaded. I had both mags empty and out of the gun and also have the slide locked back to be prepared to show them it was empty. Had me fill out an index card with my information on it, then they put it inside the case, closed and locked it, then threw it in my check in baggage. That was the end.

Different story when I flew back to Texas from Detroit though! Did the same thing I did in SA, go thru the check in fine, waiting in line to go through security, and if you've ever been in Detroit's airport, you know how long that takes! So then I hear my name called over the intercom! I'll be honest, I was kinda freaking out. Had to meet some guys, they said my gun set the x-ray alarms off in the back. They needed my key to open it and check it again. Took about 5 minutes, then it put me behind in line of security and I barely made my flight! One of those RUNNING to the gate scenes!

Here's the case I got...
    RedHead® Aluminum Pistol Gun Cases | Bass Pro Shops

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    See - the black man is trying to talk down to us po' white folk - callin' us "boy" an such!!!!!!

images

Top Bottom