• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Check out ettsgunrange.com, there are others but you need a membershi. and welcome to tgt
    Texas SOT

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I appreciate the welcome, but could someone please answer my question xD
    Well new guy, this is in the Introductions Section, so quite possible that there would be more welcomes than suggestions to your question.

I don't live anywhere near the DFW area, so I have not the first clue what ranges allow what, or where they are.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Welcome, Sir! My only suggestion is that if you are not yet a shotgun shooter, begin with a 20 ga. with shot or slugs, etc. and work your way up. I prefer 20 gauge for home defense as well as dove hunting.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Just saw this yesterday and thought it was cool, thought I would sign up. I'm not too experienced with guns, could someone tell me nearby where I can get some practice in with a 12 gauge will all types of ammo? Most of the places nearby I have seen online have restrictions like slugs only or the weaker #4 buckshot, etc. Also range practice would be preferable not like skeet or trap. Thanks in advance.
    Number 4 buck ain't weak.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    You might check some of the indoor ranges.... the one in Allen might let you use them... I'll have to check that for myself.
    As mentioned before, the Garland shooting range has a spot down at the end of the pistol range where you can bang away at cardboard boxes... I imagine if you had your own portable stand to hang a target on, they would let you use it, but I'd call them and ask before assuming it.

edit: I just checked with the Allen range (Texas Legends) and they said yes you could, just no "bird" shot. Slugs and buck shot are fine.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    but, but.... we gotta be politically correct, and all that.... cuz we're all sensitive, and would never rag on each other at all..... wouldn't want anybody's feelers to get hurt...

let's go get a beer....
    Shit I'm game..
    Hurt feelings and but Hurt we have forms fo dat..
    Man we want snowflakes here running them off is a sport

Top Bottom