• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You got a woodchipper already and 4 .22 revolvers? Can you have too many you say? You're asking the wrong guy. My response would be ahhh, yes, you've got three too many now. But then again I'm not into acquisition. I'm a minimalist. The only thing in my world that you cannot ever have too much of is ammunition, caps/primers, bullets, and a select few types of powders.

In reality, I strongly suspect you just want a new low cost 22 to play with. Its not that you physically need one right?

In the world of guitars we call that GAS. Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. Where a guy can have a single guitar and play anything he wants, yet nearly every guitarists I know simply cannot exist with only one. Averages run from 4 to 50 plus. Amplifiers too. They can't exist with just one. How many guitars and amps do I have? One each. Just like one 22 revolver. I don't need another. But that's just me. I'm from a different background that most others. :)
    Talking with many guitarists they will say that there is different sounds with different guitars. Although they both can put out some good sounds, a Les Paul doesn't sound like a Stratocaster.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    You WOULD have to bring up guitars!!! I honestly don't know exactly , maybe 7? But I NEED ( kinda...don't have any,) an acoustic. Haven't picked up any guitar (to buy or play) in 2 years. Don't get me started on golf clubs. ..most stuff was acquired when I had plenty of money .

Anyway , bought the Heritage Arms Rough Rider for $89...put it on my Cabelas Club Visa, ( I'll pay it off real quick, forget that 25% APR noise). Then I'm gonna blow it up at Cabelas (9% APR) and make some payments.

Put the chipper shredder on layaway .

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Phone is acting up, ( Y 2 posts) 15352162591420.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My dad bought a Heritage Roughrider at Academy a few years before he died. My boys are able to put every shot from it within a paper plate at 15 yards, with most of them near the center. I've got no complaints with Heritage.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Haven't shot it yet , looking it over while showing it to my neighbor , I noticed the front sight is leaning . Don't know if that was on purpose, (to sight it in) or what .

I'll deal with it after I see how she shoots . Don't worry ,I have a baker's dozen hammers .:laughing:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Ha! I knew you were gonna get it! :)
    We'll expect a range report soon....

Haven't shot the High Standard Sentenial yet either. ..I'll be shooting a few when I go, and posting target pics.

Now I want a Raven, or something that shoots .25 auto , and something that shoots .45ACP, ( leaning towards a Ruger, but who knows what I'll find at Cabelas ).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And what's the beef about plastic grips? All those "ivory" grips on stuff is polymer. Many can't wait to strip off the wood and replace with "ivory". And people call them an upgrade....
    And the bazillion autoloaders out there with plastic grip panels and the ones with polymer FRAMES... Do you boys call them all cheap as well?
    Those flag grips on mine sure ain't wood. Ya gonna call mine cheap too? Just curious.

No beef, both of my have the purple plastic grips; but the wooden ones definitely are more stylish...

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Yeah, my dad had a High Standard 9 shot .22, don't know what model ,but my dumbarse older brother took it, (and all my grandfather's guns) from our mom's house to his, and got them ALL stolen. But , dad died in 63, so the gun was older than that, and super accurate .

Well , I really need a little window unit . Went to Attwoods and several other places . All I could find was huge 220 units , and I don't want to have to run another circuit . Grabbed a circular while I was there, got home, and SOB!!!!

That Heritage Arms Rough Rider for $119!!!! If I would have seen that first, I'd have paid the few pennies more for new!!!

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Haven't shot it yet , looking it over while showing it to my neighbor , I noticed the front sight is leaning . Don't know if that was on purpose, (to sight it in) or what .

I'll deal with it after I see how she shoots . Don't worry ,I have a baker's dozen hammers .:laughing:

That's more than likely done at the factory during proofing and sighting prior to shipment. Do try as many different loads as you can to find the ones it favors.

Top Bottom