• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    Bought mine at academy a few years ago for 149. Fun little revolver. I usually keep the mag cylinder loaded but switch to the 22lr cylinder for plinking. Takes longer to go through a box so you have an excuse to stay out shooting longer. Anytime a friend asks what I think about a heritage revolver I tell him, "Go buy it. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you." So far I've never had the opportunity.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Has anyone ever shot one with the adjustable sights? Seems like having that fiber optic front post might be worth the extra...

RR22MB6AS_1.jpg

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    I was unaware that adjustable sights were added to this line of pistols. Very good, as some folks either can't see revolver fixed sights or simply have a stigma that they can't. Many folks "must" have adjustable sights in order to be successful with handguns. The fiber optic front will help too. Way to go Heritage!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I did not know they offered a birdshead.

They have some really nice holsters too.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Just to note that the Academy Black Friday $99 specials have cheap plastic grips on them. It doesn't bother me any, but if you want nice wooden ones than you can either pay more or order them for $20...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Just to note that the Academy Black Friday $99 specials have cheap plastic grips on them. It doesn't bother me any, but if you want nice wooden ones than you can either pay more or order them for $20...

A few years ago they had some wooden grips. I have two different ones. One with the green and brown laminated ones, and another with the cherry looking wood grips.

But I have one of those with the white plastic grips too.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Went to that pawn shop today. Their best offer on the $99 Heritage Arms pistol was $89. I walked away. I may go back tomorrow, (maybe get someone else),as a salesman ,and offer $80.

If they stick to $89, I may just go ahead and jump on it. Dangit! They got a Troybuilt chipper shredded out front for $150.....remind me not to go to pawn shops .

Last edited:

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    And what's the beef about plastic grips? All those "ivory" grips on stuff is polymer. Many can't wait to strip off the wood and replace with "ivory". And people call them an upgrade....
    And the bazillion autoloaders out there with plastic grip panels and the ones with polymer FRAMES... Do you boys call them all cheap as well?
    Those flag grips on mine sure ain't wood. Ya gonna call mine cheap too? Just curious.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    No box, but clean. I pulled the pin, but they had the hammer back and a trigger lock. It didn't dawn on me at first, until I tried to remove the cylinder . I said : " Oh yeah, I can't get the cylinder out with the trigger lock on."

I set it back down .The b picks up the pin and tells me I need to put it back together . I tell her no, you need to take the lock off so I can inspect this gun and see if I want to buy it, I can't tell anything with the cylinder locked in . Sheesh!!!

Anyway , barrel looked really good. That dadgum chipper shredder AND this gun are gnawing at me. They DO have layaway ...... Problem is , I already have an MTD chipper shredder, but there are a couple of things I don't like about it and it's been sitting for a couple of years and the gas tank looked like molasses in the bottom , so...it's not just gonna start right up.

And of course, I have 4 .22 revolvers , but....can you have too many?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And what's the beef about plastic grips? All those "ivory" grips on stuff is polymer. Many can't wait to strip off the wood and replace with "ivory". And people call them an upgrade....
    And the bazillion autoloaders out there with plastic grip panels and the ones with polymer FRAMES... Do you boys call them all cheap as well?
    Those flag grips on mine sure ain't wood. Ya gonna call mine cheap too? Just curious.
    I'm not much into faux ivory either, but the plastic grips that come on many of the Heritages are very cheesy, I prefer the look and feel of wood grips on the Heritage and they aren't that expensive to change out.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    No box, but clean. I pulled the pin, but they had the hammer back and a trigger lock. It didn't dawn on me at first, until I tried to remove the cylinder . I said : " Oh yeah, I can't get the cylinder out with the trigger lock on."

I set it back down .The b picks up the pin and tells me I need to put it back together . I tell her no, you need to take the lock off so I can inspect this gun and see if I want to buy it, I can't tell anything with the cylinder locked in . Sheesh!!!

Anyway , barrel looked really good. That dadgum chipper shredder AND this gun are gnawing at me. They DO have layaway ...... Problem is , I already have an MTD chipper shredder, but there are a couple of things I don't like about it and it's been sitting for a couple of years and the gas tank looked like molasses in the bottom , so...it's not just gonna start right up.

And of course, I have 4 .22 revolvers , but....can you have too many?

You got a woodchipper already and 4 .22 revolvers? Can you have too many you say? You're asking the wrong guy. My response would be ahhh, yes, you've got three too many now. But then again I'm not into acquisition. I'm a minimalist. The only thing in my world that you cannot ever have too much of is ammunition, caps/primers, bullets, and a select few types of powders.

In reality, I strongly suspect you just want a new low cost 22 to play with. Its not that you physically need one right?

In the world of guitars we call that GAS. Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. Where a guy can have a single guitar and play anything he wants, yet nearly every guitarists I know simply cannot exist with only one. Averages run from 4 to 50 plus. Amplifiers too. They can't exist with just one. How many guitars and amps do I have? One each. Just like one 22 revolver. I don't need another. But that's just me. I'm from a different background that most others. :)

Top Bottom