• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    All good. I still know several people who claim you can't reload once brass has been shot out of a glock. No matter how many times I show them otherwise, they refuse to believe it.
    Venture Surplus ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    All good. I still know several people who claim you can't reload once brass has been shot out of a glock. No matter how many times I show them otherwise, they refuse to believe it.

There's lots of FUD out there on Ye Olde Internets. There are folks in Facebook groups that prove you can reload steel and aluminum cases too.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    There's lots of FUD out there on Ye Olde Internets. There are folks in Facebook groups that prove you can reload steel and aluminum cases too.

Well I guess you can. Probably not the best of ideas but to each their own. If you are shooting reloaded steel or aluminum let me know so I can stand a little farther away. We can then blame it on unsupported chambers. :-)

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    That reminds me of a question I had. I was taking some brass from the range the other day and there were a few, what looked like, nickel cases. I was pretty sure they are fine to reload, but I forgot about them and haven’t looked to see if it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Well I guess you can. Probably not the best of ideas but to each their own. If you are shooting reloaded steel or aluminum let me know so I can stand a little farther away. We can then blame it on unsupported chambers. :-)

Hah, I don't mess with it myself. I'm sure it works fine if not hard on the dies.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    That reminds me of a question I had. I was taking some brass from the range the other day and there were a few, what looked like, nickel cases. I was pretty sure they are fine to reload, but I forgot about them and haven’t looked to see if it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can reload nickel cases. They are just a little harder than brass so you may have to put a little more leverage into your press while sizing them.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    For all that were arguing about Glock unsupported chamber I was only referring to Lee reloading manual regarding .40 S&W shot from Glocks. It is specifically in the reloading manual (at least in my edition) and apparently is the manual used by the poster concerning reloading .40 S&W. In addition, when shooting .40 S&W in a 10mm Glock barrel since it is only held in place by the extractor there is the potential for extractor damage. The poster has quoted that he plans on using an aftermarket barrel so that issue is alleviated.

I am glad that Glock barrels now have more supportive chambers and I reload all of the brass from all of my 9 mm Glocks, most are very early generation. I do not have a .40 S&W or a 10 mm.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Send him a "conversation" about the mold.

The user you quoted may not have PMs turned on because of a post count of “1”. That user has been trying to buy outside the classifieds without the requisite post count or thru becoming a paid supporter.

Top Bottom