DK Firearms

Henry Rifles churns out a crap load of new models with side loading gates.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Henry rifles announced new models. Adding loading gates to many. So the one reason I dont own a couple is no more. If they only had 22lr side loaders...

THE FOLLOWING QUOTES ARE FROM A PUBLIC NEWS RELEASE AT THE LINK.

Henry is announcing a large transition in their product catalog with upgrades for their Wisconsin-made lever-action rifles and shotguns and new calibers and configurations for their H015 Single Shot firearms. In total, the announcement is replacing 29 “legacy” models in favor of newly upgraded versions and adding 3 new Single Shots to the Henry lineup.

By popular demand, Henry Repeating Arms is replacing all steel-framed centerfire lever-action rifles and shotguns to include a side loading gate while still retaining the removable tube magazine based on the original Henry rifle patented in 1860. This open-ended magazine design, first introduced with the Henry H024 Side Gate Lever Action in 2019, provides owners with the ability to conveniently load the magazine and keep it topped off through a port in the receiver and safely unload the magazine by twisting out the inner magazine tube. The transition applies to all of Henry’s .30-30 and .45-70 rifles, .410 bore shotguns, and revolver caliber Big Boy rifles in their blued steel, All-Weather, and Color Case Hardened finishes that do not already include a side loading gate.

SO GET YOUR CATALOG HERE.

Guns International

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Freaking sweet!!!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Good manufacturing/advertising move. At a time when everything is in short supply and/or overpriced, the premium prices common to Henry stuff won't look so bad. And then there's that "pull it out of the scabbard and shoot it again & again" thing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Looks nice in the case hardened octagon barrel (center).

1606337067337.png

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Freaking sweet!!!
    There are none of these in anyone's inventory that I can find. And the price is just over $900 at the moment and I bet it gets over a grand before too long. That little gun should cost around $500 to $600 at most in regular market times!
    (But they are cute little buggers!)

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    That’s great news! And I like that they are adding the loading gate but keeping the tube also. So you can load up through the tube and then top off via the gate.

I wonder when they will be available.
    Agreed. The lack of side loading gate kept them off my list for centerfire rifles. Now, that's not a problem anymore.

I hope they make a side loading gate for the .22 Magnum soon.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    $600 for a single shot 45-70, I might have to look into that.Otherwise the prices seem high. I only paid $300 for the Henry Golden Boy several Years back. Grand kids love shootin it and so does Grandpa.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Worth a watch and a read.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Henry is a great American company with the best customer service out there. Love their stuff. My wife and wallet hate that they've added a side gate now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    $600 for a single shot 45-70, I might have to look into that.Otherwise the prices seem high. I only paid $300 for the Henry Golden Boy several Years back. Grand kids love shootin it and so does Grandpa.

You won't be paying those prices again, possibly in our lifetimes. With the upcoming next wave of assault weapons bans the lever action industry will get pretty popular.

Top Bottom