• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Haha these are great. No low end ARs in my house. Hence not liking PSA

Surprised at the negativity about the classifieds and "quality posts" though. 2A advocates such as myself are very annoyed how hard its become to exercise our legal right to privately sell a firearm. Don't get why gun forums have to make it just as hard.
    Texasguntrader. If you are looking for a place to just sell that is your best option. Without an introduction here and a little time to make posts to let people feel you out here, it's unlikely you will get any hits on your ad. Just the way it is around here. People here notice newbs come in and make the 25 post requirement in little time to list their overpriced crap to sell and it sends off red flags because of past experiences. If you think it won't work that way, then best of luck to you, but as you can probably tell it already is heading in that direction.
    DK Firearms

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Several years ago I purchased a Henry 22 which was soon followed by .357, .44 and 45-70. Each has been enjoyable to shoot.
    We have two - my .22 and his 45-70 :)

tgt5.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It will probably take a lot longer to sell whatever you've got than it did to meet the post requirement with wasted posts. :laughing:

Yeah, the one bit of math he didn't do - members see who posted the ad, don't recognize the screen name, then look at the posting history..."Oh, yeah, this guy's just shitposting in necro-threads...hard pass."

There's a reason we expect quality posts. Ya wanna sell to us, you need to be part of the community and earn some trust.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Yeah, the one bit of math he didn't do - members see who posted the ad, don't recognize the screen name, then look at the posting history..."Oh, yeah, this guy's just shitposting in necro-threads...hard pass."

There's a reason we expect quality posts. Ya wanna sell to us, you need to be part of the community and earn some trust.
    He likely hasn't spent enough time here to realize he isn't likely to get a BOS

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Oh, man, you gotta have one of those! And what was that Sovereign Citizen troll the other day saying? Fourteen forms of ID?
    If a new seller would bother to spend a few minutes of time reading, they would often find answers to their questions and understand they are not likely to be successful here if they only want to make a quick, cheap sale.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Nice, which one do like shooting more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like my .22 - his can knock me on my butt :D
    That - and what @Tnhawk said, lol. We don't go out to the bars anymore - so he uses his bar drinkin money for 45-70 rounds. Most days, the bar woulda been cheaper LOL

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    So then what Henry would you like to own then? Any particular model in mind?

Me personally I’d love to get a X in .357 mag, or a color case hardened one in .41 mag.

There, now we’re talking guns again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What about a lightly used color case hardened 357?

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I like my .22 - his can knock me on my butt :D
    That - and what @Tnhawk said, lol. We don't go out to the bars anymore - so he uses his bar drinkin money for 45-70 rounds. Most days, the bar woulda been cheaper LOL
    Time to get a used single stage press…with your brass, probably cost you $0.30ish per round for plinking loads…

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I grew up learning and honing my shooting skills on a Model 94 Winchester 30-30. Hell I had never even held or shot a bolt action rifle especially one with a scope until I was 18 and bought my first one. When I became a .41mag aficionado, I started looking for either a Winchester or Marlin in that caliber, and to say I was disappointed to not find one is an understatement. I knew nothing about Henry during most of my search, then a buddy, who had 4 different calibers of Henry's had me over to try them out. The two that interested me the most were his .357mag/.38special and .44mag/.44special, simply because they were handgun calibers. After examining and shooting both of them I had made a comment that I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find one in .41mag. About 10 years later and lots of looking I happened across one in a gunstore I frequent. When the clerk handed it to me I knew I had to have it and a short time later I was carrying it out to my truck. 4 days later I harvested a large feral hog at a little over 80 yards with a single shot. I live the brass receiver and octagonal barrel. Though I love to shoot my lever actions open sights, I am contemplating adding a red dot to help my aging eyesight. Here's my .41mag Henry!
    Henry_.41mag_Carbine.jpg

Top Bottom