• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i have a vintage twin jet 100 up in michigan that i want to get down to texas before the family lets it rust out. anyone have some freight options for me? unless someone knows of one for sale down here?
    Guns International

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Try "Forward Air".....I had a bike shipped to me from Colorado.
    They have a Depo in Houston, don't know about close to you.....

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Using Uship you can check bidders insurance and feedback also. Usually a carrier can fit a motorcycle on a trailer with other stuff and haul it cheap. Relatively speaking motorcycles take up very little room.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    I saw that u ship website but thought it was odd how much info I needed to put in just to get a quote. Then to find out its with a bunch of different companies. Hopefully I can find somethin out that won't break the bank.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have a 3 rail motorcycle trailer that I could sell. It's just sitting in my back yard. The mechanicals and tires are good and so are the lights but the paint sucks. Heck, go north, get it and haul it back yourself.

Flash

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I saw that u ship website but thought it was odd how much info I needed to put in just to get a quote. Then to find out its with a bunch of different companies. Hopefully I can find somethin out that won't break the bank.

The fact that it is an open bid on Uship is what is going to keep the price down. It may be a hassle but it will also be the cheapest option.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    I have a 3 rail motorcycle trailer that I could sell. It's just sitting in my back yard. The mechanicals and tires are good and so are the lights but the paint sucks. Heck, go north, get it and haul it back yourself.

Flash

i have an f150 but seeing its a 13+ hour drive one way and that it would cost me about $600 in gas, i figure if i can get close to that and not have to waist a bunch of my life, then id much rather do that.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    My dream bike way back when, two massive thimble sized pistons and oh the wonderful clouds of gas and oil mixture. Hope you can get it down here. Look at furniture moving companies, perhaps on ebay. I know when I lived in Illinois a few semis came by and picked up things like a dining room set I sold and yes even a motorcycle once. Been a while but I know there are companies that do it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My dream bike way back when, two massive thimble sized pistons and oh the wonderful clouds of gas and oil mixture. Hope you can get it down here. Look at furniture moving companies, perhaps on ebay. I know when I lived in Illinois a few semis came by and picked up things like a dining room set I sold and yes even a motorcycle once. Been a while but I know there are companies that do it.

Don't do that. Furniture moving takes insurance above and beyond what normal transporting requires. More insurance = higher prices.

Getting it into a box (van) 18 wheeler is probably going to be the cheapest but they will want it on a pallet. If your family can do that for you it would help. If not then you are looking at a flatbed.

With the dispatcher I had we pulled our vehicles off CentralDispatch | The Auto Industry's Vehicle Transport Marketplace. I know nothing of the shipping side of it, just the transporting side.

Anything besides Uship is going to require a broker that finds a carrier for you. More hands in your pocket essentially but they check all the insurance for the actual transporter.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Theres a fellow in Elgin, Tx named Jimmy Conner and his company is Leprechaun Transport. All he deals with are motorcycles, 512-296-1920. He might be able to help you out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom