APOD Firearms

Help!!! Need Leo done fingerprints for Florida!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Help!

I am trying to obtain my Florida LTC. They require fingerprints be done and verified by a Leo.
    Does anyone know of ANY Texas Leo that is still doing fingerprints?

I have already checked with the Sherriffs department for Dallas, Denton, Collin, and Tarrant counties, along with almost every city PD in the DFW area. Due to covid. None of them are unless your arrested.

Any Of you LEO’s out there that good give me a helping hand? I will be willing to pay top dollar! (Providing it’s legal) lol

Any help would be appreciated.
    DK Firearms

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Does it really have to be LEO, or they just want wet ink on proper cards?

I wet print all my customers and have done it myself for anything form 1 in the past.. good enough for the alphabet boys should be good enough for a chl I'd think.. but never looked into a FL license. Any particular reason for needing a FL license ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i have sent them wet ink on cards from the same people that I had fingerprints done for the ATF for form 1/4 and FFL, as well as 5 other state LTC’s. Florida sent me a letter and said they were rejected because they weren’t done by a LEO.

So sadly yes must be preferred by a Leo, wet ink on card.

chwoodall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2019
    Shoreacres, TX
    i have sent them wet ink on cards from the same people that I had fingerprints done for the ATF for form 1/4 and FFL, as well as 5 other state LTC’s. Florida sent me a letter and said they were rejected because they weren’t done by a LEO.

So sadly yes must be preferred by a Leo, wet ink on card.
    Darn. Stupid rules.. I'd say go to a small town station and just walk in and ask. I'd bet they'd be happy to help you out. Any bigger areas are going to be covid Nazis and shut you down.

My small town station couldn't care less..

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I dont even know what to tell you. I took the FBI fingerprint class in the early 90s. I dont even know if I still have the certificate around or how to prove it. I haven't took fingerprints in a loooong time and never been credentialed in any way shape or form in texas, and they are done digitally now days anyways.

I would suggest small town police, sheriff or even try the constable office to see if one of their guys can do it.

Most jails do their own intake but small places might still have officers or deputies that do them still.

They should only care if they are legible for database searches but who knows why some retard put certain requirements into various laws.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Darn. Stupid rules.. I'd say go to a small town station and just walk in and ask. I'd bet they'd be happy to help you out. Any bigger areas are going to be covid Nazis and shut you down.

My small town station couldn't care less..

which is? I dont mind traveling as that’s the whole point of getting other state LTc’s

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I dont even know what to tell you. I took the FBI fingerprint class in the early 90s. I dont even know if I still have the certificate around or how to prove it. I haven't took fingerprints in a loooong time and never been credentialed in any way shape or form in texas, and they are done digitally now days anyways.

I would suggest small town police, sheriff or even try the constable office to see if one of their guys can do it.

Most jails do their own intake but small places might still have officers or deputies that do them still.

They should only care if they are legible for database searches but who knows why some retard put certain requirements into various laws.

i assume so that they aren’t given fraudulent cards with fingerprints of some other person that’s not in the FBI data base. However anyone who attempts that is kinda stupid because at some point in the future the FBI will catch it!

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Johnson County Sheriffs Dept. in Cleburne still does fingerprinting, and it's FREE.
    You do need to make an appointment with them.
    Just order some fingerprint cards off Amazon.
    They did 6 sets of fingerprints for me a couple month's ago when I did my Eform 1 suppressor's.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Johnson County Sheriffs Dept. in Cleburne still does fingerprinting, and it's FREE.
    You do need to make an appointment with them.
    Just order some fingerprint cards off Amazon.
    They did 6 sets of fingerprints for me a couple month's ago when I did my Eform 1 suppressor's.

Thank you I appreciate that. I will give them a call in he morning.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    i assume so that they aren’t given fraudulent cards with fingerprints of some other person that’s not in the FBI data base. However anyone who attempts that is kinda stupid because at some point in the future the FBI will catch it!
    I get that, but the LEO requirement is the retarded thing. There are literally hundreds of places that do fingerprints for any number of permits licenses or various applications and background checks all over the country that meet thus requirement of verification.

Maybe some hurdle that an anti gun legislator added knowing it will make it harder. Just speculation there.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I get that, but the LEO requirement is the retarded thing. There are literally hundreds of places that do fingerprints for any number of permits licenses or various applications and background checks all over the country that meet thus requirement of verification.

Maybe some hurdle that an anti gun legislator added knowing it will make it harder. Just speculation there.
    I couldn’t agree more, just stupidity, but that’s what happens when u get idiots making the laws

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom