Lynx Defense

Help me pick up birthday treat 1911 !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You got any data to back that up? Seems doubtful to me.

I’m a Christian and I’m a friend of the Jews, so I’ve got no bone to pick with either group. But it would be interesting to see the data.
    In 2017 there were 5.3 million Jews in the US. Let's assume all were anti-gun.
    It is felt that perhaps 25% of US citizens are anti-gun.
    https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-the-United-States-is-anti-gun

Probably at least 1/2 are Christian (really probably 90%). You do the math but just by sheer numbers of Christians outnumbering Jews, there are more Christians anti 2A than Jews. As a percentage though you may be right.
    Incidentally, in 2017 there were 3.45 million Muslims in the US and I don't know what their feeling is about 2A and gun rights.
    So, that's the best data I can find. All of my Jewish friends are gun owners. None of my India Indian friends are gun owners (they don't own dogs either). I don't know what conclusions to draw by all of this.
    I just don't think we should use anti-Semitic remarks to characterize gun ownership and I did interpret the post as being anti-Semitic.

BigBOYstuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2020
    Balcones Heights
    Guys LEts calm down we r all humans and that’s the basic thing

As far as my build this is what I am having Done . George at gunslinger is putting my order in .
    All steel 45 acp brimstone
    Complete chrome finish
    Trijicon front sight
    Trijicon adjustable back end
    Round but frame
    Short trigger
    Mammoth ivory grips

The only thing I am waiting on is they can do hard barrel fit for me as they do on their 1”
    Accuracy guarantee 1911 . I know it’s not possible on commander slide . Anything better than their usual build mainly with old style
    Hard fit barrels would be nice . I should be able
    To submit and finalize ever thing by
    Monday .
    Also may get a trigger jog done on top of their usual if it’s possible with 2 or 3 lbs pull .
    Let’s see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Let me give you my opinion of Les Baer.
    Several years ago I bought a Baer Premier II from Impact Guns in Utah. The pistol was shipped from the Baer plant to my local FFL.
    When I opened the cheap triangular cardboard box Baer uses, I found a flaw in the bluing on the left side of the frame near the front sight. The steel was showing through the bluing. I called Baer to see how to proceed with the return. A crabby older woman in the customer Service Dept told me they were not liable for shipping damage. I told her it was not shipping damage, but production related damage. I even offer to send photos for them to look at. She said she still didn't care and they would not take it back. I asked to talk to Les. Finally I got to talk to him. He told me his pistols were so popular that he didn't care about mine. He said I should sell it if I wasn't happy with the pistol. I did!!
    Another example of his work:
    When I ordered my pistol, Les offered an accuracy upgrade for an additional $175. I ordered that. Later on a local Baer dealer told me that Les test fires all of his pistols prior to shipment. The guns that test fire more accurately are set aside and sent to people like me that paid the extra $175 for the accuracy option. Here I was thinking they took extra care in the assembly of my pistol, when it was just luck of the draw so to speak.
    Les Baer is an egoistical person. His pistol are build to very tight tolerances. In fact he tells you to shoot at least 500 rounds before you field strip it for cleaning.
    After I sold my Baer I bought a used Wilson Combat stainless steel Classic.
    By far a much better built and more accurate 1911.
    Buyer beware. Unlike most firearm related companies that bend over backward to keep their customers happy, Les Baer could care less.
    Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I just don't think we should use anti-Semitic remarks to characterize gun ownership and I did interpret the post as being anti-Semitic.

I guess my opinions of Jeffery Epstein & Harvey Weinstein would really set you off!

I will say this once again that in my younger days of walking gun shows tables with Nazi items always pissed me off! My 4 uncles & father all went off to WWII & they all served in Europe. They seen enough anti semitics to teach me differently.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    God Love this country. Nobody likes nobody anymore. You better have tough skin if you ever post anything on the internet.
    I work with a Jewish guy. He is a cigar smoking gun guy. My wife on the other hand has a "white Christian" female cousin that is about as anti-gun as you can get. She wants the government to "take away" every firearm in the world.
    We all get together at Thanksgiving very year. I can hardly eat because I have to keep my biting my tongue or risk starting WWIII at the table. It embarrasses her husband, which is more tolerate about guns.
    I like seeing Nazi relics at the gun shows. It means we won! Your Father and Uncles were the greatest generation of people. They served, fought, and died so we could have the freedoms we enjoy today. Appreciate them.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I guess my opinions of Jeffery Epstein & Harvey Weinstein would really set you off!

I will say this once again that in my younger days of walking gun shows tables with Nazi items always pissed me off! My 4 uncles & father all went off to WWII & they all served in Europe. They seen enough anti semitics to teach me differently.
    I have no objection to Nazi relics, my uncle served in the Battle of the Bulge, killed a bunch of Nazis and brought the relics home and gave me some. I have no objection to the Confederate flag or Confederate statues. I was born in NYC but have been a proud Texas resident since 1972. Probably longer than many of you are alive. Nobody was concerned about religion during my 8 years of active duty during the Viet Nam war. In actuality I despise New York, California and the other states that are trying to destroy our 2A. I despise Bloomberg for his efforts, but it is for what he stands for and not his religion. Let us all be proud supporters of the 2A regardless of race, religion and sexual orientation. End of Rant.

Top Bottom