• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hello from someone who reads posts a great deal more than post (lurker?). I think this is my first post in this sub-forum. I reload quite a bit and am always running into questions. During very cold, wet, or snowy (yes, it’s snowing in Kerr County!) I usually do some handloading prep of one sort or another. I went through all my collected .45 ACP brass to sort, throw out, etc. and to see what was left. I came across some headstamps I’m unfamiliar with and hopefully someone could help me identify the cases. I’m listing everything, even the ones that are familiar to me and most everyone else. Any help in identifying some of these would be greatly appreciated.

? CBC
    ? ACP (the headstamp had .45 Auto on one side and A C P on the other, not sure if it just identified the round or what)
    ? TZZ
    ? Δ 93

And the known brass, Speer, PMC, RP (Remington?), S&B, Federal, & Winchester
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Not sure about the rest, but 45 acp stands for Automatic Colt Pistol.

45 auto and 45 acp are the same thing, though technically, acp is referring to the pistol (1911), but that is only important to OCD people, like me.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Thank you sir. I understand that typically the caliber would be noted in ACP but this did not look to be the identifier as it was separate and apart from the "45 Auto" stamp. There is the 45 Auto that also refers to the .45 Auto Rim case but these I'm dealing with have the rebated semi-auto head and are all ACP cases. It very well may be just the caliber spec. but it only seemed curious to me because if it were just part of the caliber designation, there was nothing else to indicate a brand or manufacturer. I've been reloading off and on for about 12 years and have never seen a case (long gun or short gun) that didn't have some sort of manufacturer stamp. I only found about 4 or 5 of these but they look to be of good quality. Thanks again for your response.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    No offense intended. I appreciate the input. It just seemed strange lookin' to me. I initially also thought it was just an identifier but I just found it hard to believe someone didn't have their name, initials, or logo on it. They weigh very close to the same as the rest. Best to you and yours.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    TZZ is an IMI headstamp. It was probably boxed as Winchester

CBC is Brazilian if I'm not mistaken Compania B(somthing) Cartuchos or whatever. They are a huge ammo manufacturer and probably made the case (or entire cartrige for that mater) for someone else.

ACP could be ARMSCOR. I had a case of .45 from them in Pak, and I remeber it having a ACP headstamp (studying anything you can find wasn't uncommon...you get really bored sitting in a little room at the airport with nothing to do). I always took it for granted that it meant .45acp, but it's the only headstamp I've ever seen like that.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    No offense intended. I appreciate the input. It just seemed strange lookin' to me. I initially also thought it was just an identifier but I just found it hard to believe someone didn't have their name, initials, or logo on it. They weigh very close to the same as the rest. Best to you and yours.

Don't worry, I didn't take any offence. I said something that you obviously knew. No appology needed.

It is all good.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I started thinking, I've got a bunch of Norinco 7.62 x 39mm ammo with a triangle headstamp and a year. It could be Norinco.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Codygjohnson, I can see the 9mm para but the bottom part of the picture (on my screen) is covered by the top of the next post.

Leadpot, thank for the link! I believe all the questions I had were (or will be) answered on that Firearms Forum.Com headstamp thread. That's really neat.

Gustavovh03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2021
    Curitiba - PR - Brazil
    Hello from someone who reads posts a great deal more than post (lurker?). I think this is my first post in this sub-forum. I reload quite a bit and am always running into questions. During very cold, wet, or snowy (yes, it’s snowing in Kerr County!) I usually do some handloading prep of one sort or another. I went through all my collected .45 ACP brass to sort, throw out, etc. and to see what was left. I came across some headstamps I’m unfamiliar with and hopefully someone could help me identify the cases. I’m listing everything, even the ones that are familiar to me and most everyone else. Any help in identifying some of these would be greatly appreciated.

? CBC
    ? ACP (the headstamp had .45 Auto on one side and A C P on the other, not sure if it just identified the round or what)
    ? TZZ
    ? Δ 93

And the known brass, Speer, PMC, RP (Remington?), S&B, Federal, & Winchester
    CBC means "Brazilan Cartridges Company" that belongs Taurus, it manufactory ammo and some rifles and shotguns, the company doesn't use it's name outside of Brazil for civilan market, but uses the name "Magthech" for ammo and "Rossi" for rifles and shotguns

Attachments

• 20211006_001733.jpg
      20211006_001733.jpg
      339.9 KB · Views: 50

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    CBC means "Brazilan Cartridges Company" that belongs Taurus, it manufactory ammo and some rifles and shotguns, the company doesn't use it's name outside of Brazil for civilan market, but uses the name "Magthech" for ammo and "Rossi" for rifles and shotguns

Hey! Welcome to TGT @Gustavovh03
    So your first post and you're the perfect person to answer that question - well done!

Please consider posting an introduction of yourself in the General Furums/Introductions area. We like welcoming new folks!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom