• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    @karlac 's post got us a bit closer maybe. Check this out. Time frame is correct.
    Bikers and them making paraphernalia wasn't much of a thing before the 50's in the U.S., I doubt it was much more a thing in Mexico.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    You're best bet is to take it to a jeweler; one that you trust if you can find one.
    Actually, I am pretty sure, if it is an old ring as in very old, a better bet would be to take it to a museum not a jeweler. Of course, if wanting to have a museum check it out - take better pictures and only bring them with you to museum personnel. Pics of all sides including the insides. Make sure they are better quality pics each under the same lighting if possible. Your decision whether or not to trust them if they ask you to bring in the actual ring but high quality photos should be more than enoigh for them to ID it or figure out its origins if an antiquity.

It looks to me not to have been made by an artist or metal worker but seems to me more likely to be akin to crude trench art - in other words made by a soldier or could be it was made by a native American for a soldier (like for a conquistador). Thay would be a really nice find if such was the case. Good luck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom