• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    I am trying to find a certain configuration of shotgun. I am looking for a non-NFA semiautomatic 12ga with a barrel length of 10” or 14” and a folding stock/brace. I am looking at the SKO Mini, as well as the AR/AK platforms. It seems the most options would be with a 12ga on an AR platform, including the option for a Franklin binary trigger

There are no folding brace options for the SKO Mini (14” barrel), but there is this video of a stock being installed on an SKO Shorty (18” barrel).

If the shotgun was not manufactured with a stock, can it have a shorter OAL than 26”? Is this Amsel Striker still subject to the NFA even though it doesn’t have a stock? What is the difference in legality between a Mossberg Shockwave and this Amsel Striker?
    DB972739-8AA6-471D-832F-A63176F7DD2F.png

What model shotguns match the criteria, or have the aftermarket options to match the criteria I’ve described? I am open to hearing all options, including detachable magazine and fixed mag tube firearms. I am essentially looking for an AR pistol in 12ga
    Target Sports

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I am not a lawyer so this is not legal advice:

Unrifled guns like the Shockwave and Remington Tac13/14 are considered "firearms" per Federal law if the OAL is 26" or greater. They can then have a barrel less than 18". Even with a brace, they are not considered pistols and are not considered shotguns. They cannot start life as a long gun and cannot have a stock.

Edited to Add: Before you build anything yourself, do the proper legal research and don't rely on random internet forum poster's advice.

Last edited:

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    NO 12 ga pistols. Bore is over 1/2". The only non NFA shot pistols that are legal are .410 with a bore of LESS than 1/2".
    We went all over that on the Saiga-12 forum. That is now a pretty dead forum, but is still there and has a LOT of good info on the subject.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    The Tac-13 is the path. Plus- they were a short run and no longer made. Worth a mint in the marketplace right now. Don’t see that changing even if the current dumb dumb gun pricing decreases over time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom