• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    I am trying to find a certain configuration of shotgun. I am looking for a non-NFA semiautomatic 12ga with a barrel length of 10” or 14” and a folding stock/brace. I am looking at the SKO Mini, as well as the AR/AK platforms. It seems the most options would be with a 12ga on an AR platform, including the option for a Franklin binary trigger

There are no folding brace options for the SKO Mini (14” barrel), but there is this video of a stock being installed on an SKO Shorty (18” barrel).

If the shotgun was not manufactured with a stock, can it have a shorter OAL than 26”? Is this Amsel Striker still subject to the NFA even though it doesn’t have a stock? What is the difference in legality between a Mossberg Shockwave and this Amsel Striker?
    DB972739-8AA6-471D-832F-A63176F7DD2F.png

What model shotguns match the criteria, or have the aftermarket options to match the criteria I’ve described? I am open to hearing all options, including detachable magazine and fixed mag tube firearms. I am essentially looking for an AR pistol in 12ga
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I am not a lawyer so this is not legal advice:

Unrifled guns like the Shockwave and Remington Tac13/14 are considered "firearms" per Federal law if the OAL is 26" or greater. They can then have a barrel less than 18". Even with a brace, they are not considered pistols and are not considered shotguns. They cannot start life as a long gun and cannot have a stock.

Edited to Add: Before you build anything yourself, do the proper legal research and don't rely on random internet forum poster's advice.

Last edited:

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    NO 12 ga pistols. Bore is over 1/2". The only non NFA shot pistols that are legal are .410 with a bore of LESS than 1/2".
    We went all over that on the Saiga-12 forum. That is now a pretty dead forum, but is still there and has a LOT of good info on the subject.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    The Tac-13 is the path. Plus- they were a short run and no longer made. Worth a mint in the marketplace right now. Don’t see that changing even if the current dumb dumb gun pricing decreases over time.

Top Bottom