Military Camp

Hello Y'all, Californian here (No, I'm not a leftist, tranny, gay, degenerate, etc)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Welcome! I'm a San Diego native and escaped to Texas last year. Added 4 voting adults to keep Texas free. Hope you get out of there before the sanctuary traps everyone for good.
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    CalifornianTexaboo

Nice area, not the Hill Country which I would love to be, but the Abilene area is pretty nice too.

If you like fishing try Lake Phantom Hill out of Abilene. Great fishing there, bank or boat. Also great camping, but watch out for snakes.

Currently on the final leg of our road trip. We actually stayed in at a motel 6 in Abilene, the surrounding areas were quite beautiful when I went out for walks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Welcome! I'm a San Diego native and escaped to Texas last year. Added 4 voting adults to keep Texas free. Hope you get out of there before the sanctuary traps everyone for good.

I sure hope you aren't in the Dallas area. It honestly really made me sad how drastically it changed from last year when I visited it with my brother. Its almost unrecognisable. More graffiti, more illegals, more tweakers, more hipsters, more post-modernist trash architecture, and way more leftists. I cried when I went though the old parts I went to. Its worse than LA now. I'm going to pray for Dallas. Seeing how bad it got really fucked me up. Then I got some BBQ at the Stockyards in Fort Worth and cheered me up.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    hey CaliTexaBoo,
    I hope you”re enjoying your travels. I retired to El Paso from CA. Locally, there are a few indoor ranges, a couple of outdoor ranges as well as spots outside the city limits that people use for target practice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Hell, I ran him out of Odessa. :laughing:

We went through Odessa/Midland actually. People we're glaring the shit out of us because of the California plates on our rental, but would then looked confused as all three of us were decked out in Confederate/Texas shirts, and my one friends was dressed like a cowboy. And had a Texas flag on the dash. We also bought, "Come and Take It", an NRA and an American Flag sticker and slapped it on our rental.... Which was unfortunately a Nissan Rogue.

Funny enough going through I caught one guy giving an extremely disapproving look, then he saw who was inside and changed his expression to an, "ya know, these boys are alright" sort of look and nodded lol

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm not a leftist, tranny, gay, degenerate

You should try it. Once I made the switch, my quality of life went up 10 fold.

Howdy

PS: West Texas sucks

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      416.3 KB · Views: 221

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Will do. I'll join a range, and I'll more than likely live in the Pan Handle or West Texas, so I need to camp or whatever I could just drive to New Mexico and do that on BLM land.

Uh, have you done much research on the panhandle? I can't speak for South West, and West Texas, but unless you have a parka I'd not move there. I am from Amarillo, the only "city" in the Panhandle. I've seen it get to -15 (without windchill) and as hot as 117. The wind blows constantly. The average wind speed is 12 mph on any day. It can really affect you on cold days. It's also at an elevation of 3500 foot. The air is extremely thin, if you're not used to it, it can affect you quite a bit. That's just the geographic climate.

Socially the panhandle is somewhere between 20 and 40 years behind the rest of the country. I'm not talking politically. They vote pretty republican there. If you're going 62 in a 55 expect to be pulled over.

You'll be driving 5 hours in any direction to get to an actual city. That's if you do 80 mph. If you drive the speed limit almost 6. To get to New Mexico from Amarillo is about 2 hours to Tucumcari.

Yes it's part of Texas, but it's different.

Always thought Texas was a 20 minute drive in any direction from Austin.

North and South its farther, almost an hour. East and West about 30 minutes if there is no traffic. The cancer is spreading.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Personal preference I reckon. East Texas is to peopley...
    You deleted the gif which was tell tale.

I go west for work occasionally, good people and seemingly more polite than here but, maybe I'm being more critical of my peeps. One thing I can't (wont) live w/o is trees. :)

Rowdywayne56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Texas
    Know this, it will come to you eventually how Texans live and love life and not show the fake side of it all. I can only talk for myself being a 64 year old Texan, we are proud, friendly, and acceptance of other statesmen if they are willing to live by the Texan life. Proud lifelong Texans are the best hicks you’ll ever know, and most willing to accept outsiders over anyone.
    Welcome to Texas!

Top Bottom