• Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Hello everyone,

I am moving to Georgetown, TX outside of Austin at the end of this month. I've had some great interactions and met lifelong friends, hunting buddies, and reloading mentors on firearms forums in various states I have lived in. I am from Carlsbad, CA and wanted to know if I need to declare any firearms I bring into the state?

I'm looking forward to being able to tint my windows and change the exhaust on my bike. I already have my Formula 1 tickets for CoTA! I saw there is a Malibu sales center off the freeway in Austin, I love competitive waterskiing.

Also, if anyone has work in the area, please let me know! I have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from Chapman University. I currently work as the Operations Manager for a flight school (Cirrus Training Center) at Palomar Airport.
    The area was nice in 1969. The only time I was locked up was at the Oceanside MP station. Thanks for jogging my memories.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone,

I am moving to Georgetown, TX outside of Austin at the end of this month. I've had some great interactions and met lifelong friends, hunting buddies, and reloading mentors on firearms forums in various states I have lived in. I am from Carlsbad, CA and wanted to know if I need to declare any firearms I bring into the state?

I'm looking forward to being able to tint my windows and change the exhaust on my bike. I already have my Formula 1 tickets for CoTA! I saw there is a Malibu sales center off the freeway in Austin, I love competitive waterskiing.

Also, if anyone has work in the area, please let me know! I have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from Chapman University. I currently work as the Operations Manager for a flight school (Cirrus Training Center) at Palomar Airport.

No "declaration" unless you have NFA items. Georgetown has deer on the runways, plus other critters. If you fly, check the west Austin antenna farm. Hays County is "dry". Area lakes are great for skiing. Welcome to TEXAS !
    leVieux

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Is it legal to purchase an 80% lower in Texas and finish it, bring to a range/shooting spot and shoot?
    Yes sir it is
    Except that there is no public land to shoot on.(in reference to shooting spots)

Welcome to the world of private property. 95.8% of the state is privately owned. ( a good thing if you want my opinion)

Top Bottom