• ...and so much more!
  • HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    US
    Hi all,

My name is Bill, I am new to the area (Not just to the forum...but to Texas!). My wife, kids, and I moved to Post TX from Vermont about 10 months ago. It has been quite the journey! In Vermont, you could hunt or shoot almost anywhere (so long as you had permission from the landowner and followed all laws). Here in TX...I have NOTHING!! We have even had a hard time finding places just to hike!

So, I have been a lifelong hunter, and gun collector. I obtained my LTC back in February but carried some in VT (No license required there). I have had THE hardest time meeting people, finding anyone to shoot with, places to go shooting (i did find one place, where I took my LTC course..Lubbock Shooting Complex) and I guess just shooting buddies in general. In Vermont, I could call my buddy, go in my to my seven-acre backyard, and train/shoot for hours. Here...I have nothing.

So I was VERY happy to find this forum in hope of meeting some local people and making some new friends and maybe even shooting buddies. I primarily like handgun training but love rifle and shotgun (i started shooting a little trap with my father-in-law just before leaving VT) and white tail hunting.

With that, i just wanted to say hi, introduce myself and say i look forward to meeting some of you! Thanks for having me!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hello and Welcome to the forum! :banana:I've never been to "downtown" Post but have traveled through or close by many times. Get out and meet the neighbors, etc. and I'd bet you'll find them friendly and willing to help you find a place to shoot. West Texas is kinda' nice (most of the time!).

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    No place to shoot? Wow, you either live in the wrong area, live in town, or haven't met the right friends..last I checked, it you have 4+ acres you can legally shoot on your own prop. No Hiking, definitely live in wrong area. Lots of places in central Texas. lol. Welcome to the board and state.. all of the above post was meant in fun, no offense intended..

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    US
    Welcome to the forum.

Vermont to Post must have been a huge culture shock. Weather must be giving you fits too, except for that little reminder of your home from last winter.

To be honest, the weather was one of the things that brought us here! My wife and i grew up in Vermont (both of us are in our early 40's now). So after 40 years of 9 months of winter and 3 months of prep for winter we had enough! The final straw was in June of 2020, sitting at my friend's tractor pull and it was spitting snow...i was like "ok, that is it...we need to find somewhere else!". I'll admit, i was not 100% ready for 110 degrees...but it wasn't all that bad honestly. The two days that VT has summer, one of those days is usually 90 degrees with 110% humidity which makes it feel like its about 150 degrees...so 110 with no humidity is great! And as far as that week we had snow...we were kind of chuckling... But to see the tragedy and just unpreparedness was kind of scary!

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    US
    No place to shoot? Wow, you either live in the wrong area, live in town, or haven't met the right friends..last I checked, it you have 4+ acres you can legally shoot on your own prop. No Hiking, definitely live in wrong area. Lots of places in central Texas. lol. Welcome to the board and state.. all of the above post was meant in fun, no offense intended..

Yeah, we live in town...we have like .5 acres...Just enough for the dogs to run around!

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    US
    You'll enjoy the lack of humidity!

That has been pretty awesome so far!! LOL...the not shoveling or snow blowing was the best part of this last winter, to be honest! That and not stacking wood or pellets for heat!

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    First of all you are now in Texas. We don't care HOW YOU DID IT IN VERMONT. Drop that garbage, and you may get along better with Texans.

Top Bottom