• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I joined when I first moved here back in 2017, but with work and family, would just "watch" from the sidelines. I escaped from behind enemy lines (Commiefornia) and am NOT one of those crazy liberals coming out to change Texas to blue. I am here to help fight against that and to give my boys a better upbringing in a free state. I used to manage an indoor pistol range in Fresno, CA and moved here to work for a firearms distributor (now bankrupt and out of business). It's been great reading all the posts over the last couple of years, now time to partake. Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Howdy

Unfortunately, there have been quite a few of those distributors shut down. Hope you were able to fall into something as equally satisfying.

RHT447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2016

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Saw your post on Calguns. Small world. I managed this place for about a year back around 2010--

https://www.yelp.com/biz/safer-arms-indoor-shooting-range-chico-2

Gave the position back, worked the floor for another year, the bailed. It was clear that the owner (now deceased) was hell bent to running the business and himself over a cliff. He succeeded, but that's another story. Here is my TGT intro--

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/nother-kalifornia-refugee.76249/
    I managed The Range in Fresno. Spent a few years in the Chico area...carved my name into a table at The Bear back in the early 90's. Was dating a girl from Ordbend, so got around the area quite a bit. You may know, there was a sporting goods store back then that had a lot of taxidermy to include a 9' polar bear. Do you know the place?

RHT447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2016
    I managed The Range in Fresno. Spent a few years in the Chico area...carved my name into a table at The Bear back in the early 90's. Was dating a girl from Ordbend, so got around the area quite a bit. You may know, there was a sporting goods store back then that had a lot of taxidermy to include a 9' polar bear. Do you know the place?

Yup, that would be Huntington's, the place I mentioned in my into. Worked there from 2011 to 2013-ish.
    They have an underground sight-in tube made from 5' diameter concrete sections. Targets were on a continuous sheet (like ancient scrolls) and controlled by an electric switch at the firing point. Zeroed a lot of rifles in that tube while I was there.

Used to get invited out to Ord Bend in the spring during the early 80's. A Portugese family raised hogs and would get set up and invite friends to help butcher them on a Friday. Saturday evening would be a huge party and pork feed. Good times. Raised many a beer at The Bear while attending CSUC. Even then, you could see the early stages of it becoming Commie-SUC.

Top Bottom