• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm getting a lock box for the car for Christmas, the kind with the cable that goes around the seat leg and the end locks in the box when you close it. This is just for certain Dr.'s offices.
    <>

My Docs know I carry in violation of their signs.

You should find better Docs.

Your local gun shop could help you find them; or your FONRA Committee.

Stand strong !

Gun-Free zones are today’s ‘’killing fields” !

<>
    DK Firearms

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    <>

Stand strong !

<>

I'll keep my doctors. What's a FONRA Committee?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    <>

Stand strong !

<>
    I don't go to the gun shop for a medical issue.

I don't go my doctor for a 2nd Amendment issue.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    me at butts shopping for Christmas ham,
    IMG_6305.jpeg

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I not surprised by Wallymarket's Policy but find it interesting that HEB and Whataburger are both 30:06 while Kroger and and LGBTQ Target are not. My problem is my wife insists that most foods are better at HEB and she likes other things at Target, since I do most of the shopping (under her direction) I have to visit them all sometimes. At least "curbside" helps.. I still open carry at Target, Kroger and nobody pays any attention. It is odd that I can also open carry in Wells Fargo given their left coast origins.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't go to the gun shop for a medical issue.

I don't go my doctor for a 2nd Amendment issue.
    <>

The topic was the Doc’s Office introducing a 2A issue.

A bigger issue for me, who has been in the field >50 years, is the corporate EMPLOYMENT of Physicians, which negates their ability to act as their Patient’s ADVOCATES & Protectors.

Many no longer have the authority to set their own office policies.

Or, to act in the economic best interests of those under their care. Do you really think that ALL of those referrals, scans, lab tests, & prescriptions are really necessary ?

Could you even have an HONEST discussion with your corporate employee Physician ?

We tried and tried to warn !

When I first started, the Texas Constitution prohibited the Corporate Practice of Medicine. Do you think the current situation is some improvement ?

If we the Docs acted like that, we’d go to prison; but somehow it is now OK for hospitals to order their EMPLOYEE Physicians to do bad things.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    When I first started, the Texas Constitution prohibited the Corpprate Practice pf Medicine. Do you think the current situation is some improvement ?
    Much of Medicine works for those paying their bills--the big insurance companies. It takes work to find practitioners who are willing to press those insurance company policies--but they valuable!

Finding true fiduciaries is challenging.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I not surprised by Wallymarket's Policy but find it interesting that HEB and Whataburger are both 30:06 while Kroger and and LGBTQ Target are not. My problem is my wife insists that most foods are better at HEB and she likes other things at Target, since I do most of the shopping (under her direction) I have to visit them all sometimes. At least "curbside" helps.. I still open carry at Target, Kroger and nobody pays any attention. It is odd that I can also open carry in Wells Fargo given their left coast origins.
    <>

A big part of these problems is that few business execs who make those decisions have any understanding of the meanings or effects of their choices.

A decade back our NRA affiliate had an informal effort of us going individually as customers to their local management to explain in detail.

In my personal experience, they seemed either unable or unwilling to comprehend. They unwisely see some protection for themselves in those “NO Guns” decals & signs.

I’d tell them: ”Your sign doesn’t stop criminals; it just stops those of your potential customers who have proven themselves non-criminal!”. Blank stares !

<>
    Much of Medicine works for those paying their bills--the big insurance companies. It takes work to find practitioners who are willing to press those insurance company policies--but they valuable!

Finding true fiduciaries is challenging.
    <>

Exactly, and by design!

Recall the old saw: “Golden Rules; Those with the Gold get to make the rules !”

<>

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Never seen a 30.06 sign at HEB or Whataburger, only 30.07... where was this?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    HEB can post whatever they want; I have a problem with government writing laws that allow businesses open to the public to legally discriminate against the exercise of a constitutional right.

Gimme a law that lets HEB prohibit entry for someone wearing a t-shirt displaying a religious emblem.

I am OK with a private business openntonthe public being able to slightly restrict otherwise legal behavior.

A restaurant or golf course can enforce a dress code, but shouldn't be able to check and see if I am wear particularly underwear or something else invasive. Similarly many stores have bag policies prohibiting large bags.

Likewise, I think it reasonable for a business to be able to restrict carry to concealed. The business and owners and workers have rights too and while I do not think they should be allowed to prohibit something that is a natural right, restricting it very slightly is their natural right of equal level.

Your hypothetical of a store restricting a t-shirts image or text is also their natural right, just as if someone who you had invited over wanted to wear a shirt you found offensive to your house, you can say "nope, wear something else" with no need for a law saying they can say it.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I am OK with a private business open to the public being able to slightly restrict otherwise legal behavior.

What you or I am OK with is irrelevant.

Keep and Bear Arms are now clearly Constitutionally protected behavior. Keep in mind "property rights" are not mentioned anywhere in Constitution. So they are pretty low in the pecking order. Seems every day courts are striking things down for those who do not want to get in line with the new reality.

Non-believers can expect more changes as new gun rights groups are challenging everything. The NRA way of playing nothing but defense is now dead.

SCOTUS recgonizes guns as Constitutionally protected, abortion is not. Did not have that one on my 2023 Bingo Card.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to my dermatologist one day, he says take your shirt off, there's my SW40VE big a day, he never flinched or said a word. The building has the sign right by the door..
    <>

Good for you !

And, for us all. . . . . Thank you !

Dermatology is one of the few Medical fields which the corporations haven’t subdued , yet.

<>

Top Bottom