• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    This isn't directed at anyone... I firmly believe that if you can be trusted in society, you should be able to purchase a firearm. Too dangerous to own a firearm? Why is that person roaming free? What if they grab a hammer, or a knife, or a rock, or a tree branch?

Unfortunately the mental health system in the US is completely inadequate to handle locking up every dangerous nut, or even a decent amount of them. Prisons pick up a lot of the slack, which is pretty inappropriate. I remember reading something like 90% of prison inmates get their only mental assistance while in prison.

Stopping the idiotic war on drugs and diverting those funds to help fund mental health facilities would be a nice start.

Rbtreasures

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2015
    HEB in Pleasanton must be feeling the heat Mgr stressed and lying about there sign and that walmart sells 51% liquor
    30.07 sign is blocked
    eaf7b9ddddaa4c2c77778bfa065cf710.jpg

Rich

Last edited:

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    San Antonio Zoo will be posting (from EN article):

"The San Antonio Zoo won't allow visitors to openly carry firearms allowed under a new state law, but it's unclear whether the ban will last.

The zoo's executive director Tim Morrow said in a Friday interview that zoo officials decided on banning the practice of openly carrying firearms out of concern for the atmosphere created for patrons, not safety reasons."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

"The San Antonio Zoo won't allow visitors to openly carry firearms allowed under a new state law, but it's unclear whether the ban will last.

The zoo's executive director Tim Morrow said in a Friday interview that zoo officials decided on banning the practice of openly carrying firearms out of concern for the atmosphere created for patrons, not safety reasons."

Unless the zoo is totally private and on private property, they can't post

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Bullshit!

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Unless the zoo is totally private and on private property, they can't post

Sorry, I should have continued with the article:

"There's a potential legal hitch, though: the San Antonio Zoo is technically a nonprofit organization and thus private. The open carry law allows private businesses and entities to ban open carry on their premises.

However, the zoo leases its land from the city of San Antonio, which potentially puts the decision by zoo officials in conflict with another law passed by the Texas Legislature in 2015 that enabled the state to fine entities that ban guns on publicly owned property.

Morrow said zoo officials consulted with City Attorney Martha G. Sepeda, Bexar County District Attorney Nico LaHood and state Rep. Diego Bernal, D-San Antonio before making their decision. Each of them gave the zoo the go-ahead.

But, that could change if Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office decides to rule in favor of open carry sometime in the future, Morrow said."

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bet they get tax money for operations. I'd like to see this challenged

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    This isn't directed at anyone... I firmly believe that if you can be trusted in society, you should be able to purchase a firearm. Too dangerous to own a firearm? Why is that person roaming free? What if they grab a hammer, or a knife, or a rock, or a tree branch?

Exactly my thoughts. We need to have and enforce laws against bad acts, such as murder, rape, robbery, and assault. Other laws that are intended to "increase tax income" or "push some agenda" need to be gone. The "War on Drugs" certainly needs major revisions, not that I support the use of such drugs. We should have learned our lesson from Prohibition on such laws.

plasman

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    Don't know how I have managed but I haven't set foot at any HEB stores since my original post. I think their stores are some of the best I have ever shopped at (live next to the largest one ever built) around the country. My own little statement of who I wish to support. Funny caveat is I lost a few pounds in my endeavor.

Top Bottom