• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Love HEB also.

So No open carry, as long as CC w permit is a non issue Im still a customer.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'll say it one more time: HEB isn't anti-gun, (they're pro-grocery selling) or they'd post a 30.06 sign.

They haven't.

Do I think posting a 30.07 sign is a flawed idea?

Yes, but I'm as adult who accepts what he can't (at least at this stage of the game) change.

They made a business decision for what they consider best. This is legally allowed and they can't be forced to OC no matter how hard you hard core OCers stamp your feet in protest.

OC zealots can shop elsewhere or CC.

Whining, pissing and moaning, blathering about your natural/god given OC rights, blah, blah, blah, and acting out isn't going to change their (HEB's) decision.

So, outraged OCers, get over it.

It's done deal.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll say it one more time: HEB isn't anti-gun, (they're pro-grocery selling) or they'd post a 30.06 sign.

They haven't.

Do I think posting a 30.07 sign is a flawed idea?

Yes, but I'm as adult who accepts what he can't (at least at this stage of the game) change.

They made a business decision for what they consider best. This is legally allowed and they can't be forced to OC no matter how hard you hard core OCers stamp your feet in protest.

OC zealots can shop elsewhere or CC.

Whining, pissing and moaning, blathering about your natural/god given OC rights, blah, blah, blah, and acting out isn't going to change their (HEB's) decision.

So, outraged OCers, get over it.

It's done deal.

Too bad you don't know how business works. You'd be surprised how little it really takes for things to change.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Mreed911,

I hope you're right.

I'd love to see both 30.06/30.07 signs be gone.

However, the number of folks who are upset (sadly) are statistically insignificant.

So far not one of the 30.06 signs I've come across have reverted and I don't expect the 30.07 signs to revert either.

I hope I'm wrong.

I appreciate many have a "we'll patiently watch and wait for the signs to go away once business realizes OC will not negatively affect their bottom line".

Please don't hold your breath for this to happen.

OCT and organizations like them can be thanked for the 30.07 signs and businesses have long memories.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Mreed911,OCT and organizations like them can be thanked for the 30.07 signs and businesses have long memories.

On this we agree.

What has to happen, literally, is nothing - no incidents, no OC fiascos, etc. When "nothing" happens, then folks like TSRA, etc. can start campaigns around the "purchasing power" of LTC'ers, their households, etc. In the end, it'll only change a few minds, but for a business with margins less than 5%, every percentage point counts - especially when it's not discretionary spend, meaning it has to be spent somewhere (like their competitors).

OC should also have the effect of driving more people to GET an LTC. Those numbers (and percentages) are steadily climbing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You usually are.

Bwahahahahaha! Schwack!

Truth be told, HEB is anti-gun clearly evident by the fact that they are putting up 30.0 signs! What other reason would they be doing it? Since OC hasn't gone into effect yet, what "customers" have convinced them it was needed?

While OCT and other assclown outfits could be blamed, as far as I can tell they haven't done one of their "long gun show of force" at an HEB (just Starbucks as far as I can recall), so how did this happen?

Well, that's a rhetorical question as I know damn well how it happened, HEB made the decision; therefore they are anti-gun!

That decision could have been influenced by rhetoric from other dipshits like Moms Demand Action, but if that small demographic could convince the Texas grocery empire of HEB to make such a decision than why couldn't the nearly million CHT/LTC holders convince them it's wrong? I will tell you why, because HEB is anti-gun!

So, with all that said, how many people aren't going to shop at their beloved HEB because of this policy? A few, but not the majority that I can see. Most will simply give in because they are too addicted to their Blue Bell ice cream.

Me? I don't care, as I get to shop someplace that has better products and is cheaper. That's just one of the perks of being a retired vet; but trust me, it was earned.

And God forbid Whataburger posts 30.07 signs! People will lose their ever-loving minds if that happens!!!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

As for me & my house we will shop at the FSH Commissary & avoid HEB, even though it's closer to my house. = IF every CHL licensee would shop elsewhere for groceries & send a polite letter to HEB HQ telling the HEB management why, the policy will change & SOON.

yours, satx

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I prefer Smash Burger, but you can't go wrong with the Fuddruckers fries+cheese! Their burgers are good too.

Can't beat Whataburger for the late night burger craving though

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    majormadmax,

As for me & my house we will shop at the FSH Commissary & avoid HEB, even though it's closer to my house. = IF every CHL licensee would shop elsewhere for groceries & send a polite letter to HEB HQ telling the HEB management why, the policy will change & SOON.

yours, satx

Ironically, you can't carry in the commissary either (Federal law); but if what I have recently heard is correct, Joint Base San Antonio plans to follow Dyess' lead and will allow people to bring personal firearms on base as long as they (the firearms) remain in their vehicles. Hopefully that will occur some time this coming Spring...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

I've got a Wal-Mart near me for most things. Specialty seafood and meats I can get around town if I need them. Otherwise, there's a small mexican grocery/meat market not too far away and a Fiesta for anything else I might be missing.

I haven't looked to see if Trader Joe's is posted. I'm betting yes, or they will be soon.

Scary when Wal-Mart is more supportive of people's rights (less restrictive?).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Oddly enough, the one time I set foot in a Trader Joe's here in Texas, there wasn't a 30.06 sign.

But like you, I am betting they will have a 30.07 sign posted before Friday...

Top Bottom