• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Wait a minute this cant be true or you must have looked it up on the web as there is no bread on the shelves at HEB

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Holy cow, it's amazing that all those posting these "I remember when" comments aren't dead already!!!

Ironically, just last night I was installing an over-the-range microwave and wanted to add blocks due to the recessed cabinet (the "professional" from Lowes who installed the last one failed to do so). I measure the recessed space (1") and go out to the garage and find all the wood I have is ¾", so it's off to Lowes I go (it's closer than Home Depot).

I find a nice piece of wood measuring 1" x 3" x 4' for about $3, which came from Finland for some reason (did we run out of wood in this country?!?), and I cruise back home.

I go out to cut the pieces I need, and when I measure the depth, it's ¾"!

Go figure.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Holy cow, it's amazing that all those posting these "I remember when" comments aren't dead already!!!

Ironically, just last night I was installing an over-the-range microwave and wanted to add blocks due to the recessed cabinet (the "professional" from Lowes who installed the last one failed to do so). I measure the recessed space (1") and go out to the garage and find all the wood I have is ¾", so it's off to Lowes I go (it's closer than Home Depot).

I find a nice piece of wood measuring 1" x 3" x 4' for about $3, which came from Finland for some reason (did we run out of wood in this country?!?), and I cruise back home.

Go figure.
    1X3 and 2X4 haven't been the true size in a long time. I was told that is the size before they are dried in the Kiln.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Go figure.
    1x4 has been 3/4"x3 1/2" all my life, and 2x4 has been 1 1/2"×3 1/2"... Occasionally, I come across a piece of really old lumber that measures a bit larger...

Plywood thickness is where the more recent shrinkage has occured, but even that ain't new.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014

Go figure.
    if you want 1", look for 5/4 (five quarter) lumber

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    ^^^^This^^^^^

the cost per ounce or unit price will almost always tell you which is the best deal.
    Except when it comes to paper towel math and all the 4 = 6 rolls, 6 = 9 rolls, 12 = 18 rolls, and then they perforate the sheets in halves or quarters so you can't really compare cost per sheet without trying to figure it all out.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom