• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Wait a minute this cant be true or you must have looked it up on the web as there is no bread on the shelves at HEB

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Holy cow, it's amazing that all those posting these "I remember when" comments aren't dead already!!!

Ironically, just last night I was installing an over-the-range microwave and wanted to add blocks due to the recessed cabinet (the "professional" from Lowes who installed the last one failed to do so). I measure the recessed space (1") and go out to the garage and find all the wood I have is ¾", so it's off to Lowes I go (it's closer than Home Depot).

I find a nice piece of wood measuring 1" x 3" x 4' for about $3, which came from Finland for some reason (did we run out of wood in this country?!?), and I cruise back home.

I go out to cut the pieces I need, and when I measure the depth, it's ¾"!

Go figure.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Holy cow, it's amazing that all those posting these "I remember when" comments aren't dead already!!!

Ironically, just last night I was installing an over-the-range microwave and wanted to add blocks due to the recessed cabinet (the "professional" from Lowes who installed the last one failed to do so). I measure the recessed space (1") and go out to the garage and find all the wood I have is ¾", so it's off to Lowes I go (it's closer than Home Depot).

I find a nice piece of wood measuring 1" x 3" x 4' for about $3, which came from Finland for some reason (did we run out of wood in this country?!?), and I cruise back home.

Go figure.
    1X3 and 2X4 haven't been the true size in a long time. I was told that is the size before they are dried in the Kiln.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Go figure.
    1x4 has been 3/4"x3 1/2" all my life, and 2x4 has been 1 1/2"×3 1/2"... Occasionally, I come across a piece of really old lumber that measures a bit larger...

Plywood thickness is where the more recent shrinkage has occured, but even that ain't new.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014

Go figure.
    if you want 1", look for 5/4 (five quarter) lumber

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    ^^^^This^^^^^

the cost per ounce or unit price will almost always tell you which is the best deal.
    Except when it comes to paper towel math and all the 4 = 6 rolls, 6 = 9 rolls, 12 = 18 rolls, and then they perforate the sheets in halves or quarters so you can't really compare cost per sheet without trying to figure it all out.

Top Bottom