• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Decontenting been happening for years, especially noticiable with junk food like Doritos. Bags get smaller and/or contain more empty space and price hovers around the same.

I’ve also seen this at Denny’s and other chain restaurants.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Coffee makers have been doing it for years.....

Yeah, I could've sworn that when I was a kid, coffee came in a 5lb can, now not so much.

A half-gallon of ice cream hasn't been a half gallon in 20-some years. I think its like, 1.5 or 1.25 quarts at this point.

I looked at the price of most beef cuts our last time into HEB and had to fight back a little tear. A brisket I paid $50 for last year now goes for $80.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It‘s insulting, really. They must think we are a bunch of idiots. I would much rather them raise the price to whatever it needs to be than to try and sneak more profits by decontenting. That there tells me they aren’t proud of the price hikes if they are hiding them in this manner

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Nothing new. It's been done for decades. Maybe people are just now waking up and realizing that it's going on.

This.

It is called "shrinkflation" and had been a common practice for years with all of the major grocery companies. Their theory is that consumers notice price increases, but do not pay attention to reduced quantity and redesigned packaging to hide it.

I remember when my favorite hot dog brands used to be 16 oz instead of 12oz now. Cereal, potato and tortilla chips, coffee, ice cream, paper towels, etc. all have reduced weight and increased pricing compared to maybe 10 years ago.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yeah, I could've sworn that when I was a kid, coffee came in a 5lb can, now not so much.

A half-gallon of ice cream hasn't been a half gallon in 20-some years. I think its like, 1.5 or 1.25 quarts at this point.

I looked at the price of most beef cuts our last time into HEB and had to fight back a little tear. A brisket I paid $50 for last year now goes for $80.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I can remember when a decent brisket was under a $1 a pound! And you catch them on sale sometimes for about .59 cents a pound!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom