Join TexasGunTalk

Hearing protection act

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by cvansickler, Dec 9, 2018.

1. cvansickler

cvansickler New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Any new news on this passing? It would be nice to be able ti shoot without the noise

ekim likes this.
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw Honky Lips TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    listening.jpg Hearing Protection what?

jordanmills, oldag and Sam7sf like this.
  3. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
  4. SC-Texas

SC-Texas TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Is it April 1st?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Renegade likes this.
  5. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Dead Silence......

Charlie likes this.
  6. ekim

ekim Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    For some, every day is April 1st

SC-Texas likes this.
  7. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    One born every minute

Charlie likes this.
  8. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Lets just get this out of the way: No, nope, no way, and will not ever, ever...ever...going to pass as long as the Democrats and the Faux Democrats are in control of the House and Senate. It wasn't going to pass under Ryan the Weasel and McConnell the Worthless, and it certainly won't even come to a floor vote under Pelosi The Horrible.

I am seeing 6 to 12 months for individual purchases, and 12 months on average for trusts. My contacts in the NFA tell me that despite all the lies being circulated, they have no new actual staff hired to process background checks, and nor does NFA "management" have any interest in speeding up those times. The Clinton/Obama staffers are on track to keep the turnaround as long as possible, and certainly not free!

TX OMFS, ekim and FireInTheWire like this.
  9. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Any pro 2nd amendment legislation is DOA for the next two years.

10. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Active Member

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Don't kid yourself - it's been dead, and there will be no further pro-2A developments unless/until enough people have had enough and decide to collectively force the issue.

Case in point - it's been 2 years already since the changing of the guard and all the optimism that went with it, and not only has nothing pro-2A passed, we actually have continued to be further infringed upon...What's that saying? "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Further, not a single bit of positive movement has been effected by the supposedly pro-2A organizations (which as far as I'm concerned have demonstrated that it's just a business for them and a sucker is born every day; what's that ROI lookin like for the members who donate/contribute, huh?). I could (but won't right now) write an entire dissertation on how some of these orgs **cough*nra*cough** have deliberately played both sides to keep the gravy train going, and in doing so, have almost certainly just accelerated the process and provided [/B]zero[/B] value to their membership.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018