• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Someday the SUSH Act, Senate bill 2050 will be passed and signed into law.

As they say when the cows come home, once in a blue moon, or whenever 60+ US Senators allow this bill or one like it to be voted on.
    (Not now but in the past the bill did get through a Republican run House).

If anything take a look at the article and note which Senators are sponsoring the bill and let them know how you want them to vote.

It would nice to get suppressors without asking government permission.

And related wouldn't it be nice if the anti-gun crowd when asking for votes on their bills would compromise and allow votes for this bill and the HR 38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. It is always what 2A supporters need to give up/compromise but nothing for the anti-gun crowd. Elections have consequences. Need to elect more pro-2A politicians.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It would nice to get suppressors without asking government permission.
    The cherry on top would be if they gave a refund for that stupid tax stamp we had to buy. Heck even 1/2 refund would get me a decent new pistol to fondle

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    After all the years that I've had NFA item's, I don't even care about the $200 tax. They just need to do away with the BS background check wait times.

If we could just walk into a store and purchase any NFA item that we choose, pass the 4473 background check, pay the stupid tax stamp fee, and be on our way.
    It shouldn't be any different than buying a Federal Duck stamp to hunt ducks!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    After all the years that I've had NFA item's, I don't even care about the $200 tax. They just need to do away with the BS background check wait times.

If we could just walk into a store and purchase any NFA item that we choose, pass the 4473 NICS background check, pay the stupid tax stamp fee, and be on our way.
    It shouldn't be any different than buying a Federal Duck stamp to hunt ducks!

We shouldn't have to pay $$$ to the feds for any firearm related item. F the NFA & Robert Doughton.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    FYI: I checked on the bill and its making no progress through committee hearings as of June 2022. With all the recent gun control political goings-on right now and SCOTUS decision on Bruen case I expect it will die in committee again at the end of this Congress. It does seem to have a life of its own as it has been introduced in prior Congressional sessions.

IMO I don't think it will ever become a new law until there is enough conservative 2A supporters in Congress and White House. The earliest that could happen is January 2025.

Attachments

• bills-dead-or-alive_front.jpg
      bills-dead-or-alive_front.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    FYI: I checked on the bill and its making no progress through committee hearings as of June 2022. With all the recent gun control political goings-on right now and SCOTUS decision on Bruen case I expect it will die in committee again at the end of this Congress. It does seem to have a life of its own as it has been introduced in prior Congressional sessions.

IMO I don't thing it will ever become a new law until there is enough conservative 2A supporters in Congress and White House. The earliest that could happen is January 2025.
    With recent events, it's too hot a topic at this moment to even get a fair hearing.

Top Bottom