• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Very nice! Jeez, four rounds in the same hole. Color me jealous.

Where are you located? You're more than welcome to shoot it. Honestly, I think there is more in it. I have 600 suppressed rounds through it, haven't cleaned it, and its the stock trigger still in it, too. I think a better stock would improve it, too.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom
    Venture Surplus ad

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Where are you located? You're more than welcome to shoot it. Honestly, I think there is more in it. I have 600 suppressed rounds through it, haven't cleaned it, and its the stock trigger still in it, too. I think a better stock would improve it, too.

I live in Cedar Park. If I ever make it out to the Hicksville meets I'll bring mine along and we could test drive each other's rifles. The fact that you still have a stock trigger on yours and it still shoots like that is amazing to me. Goes to show that equipment is only half the equation.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I live in Cedar Park. If I ever make it out to the Hicksville meets I'll bring mine along and we could test drive each other's rifles. The fact that you still have a stock trigger on yours and it still shoots like that is amazing to me. Goes to show that equipment is only half the equation.

Where is ceder park? I don't feel like googling, lol. And its polished, but mushy, with a hard break

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Pilgrim, great test, and thanks. It definitely sold me on the competence of the ULW barrel. We'll let the Fancy Nancies go run their own tests instead of slam yours for inadequacy.

I second the comment about 50 yards. If you are up for this again, I would love to see what the rifle will do when they stretch their legs a little. My guess is longer distances will reveal more of a gap between barrels. But who knows?

Thanks again, and beautiful guns, by the way.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Pilgrim, great test, and thanks. It definitely sold me on the competence of the ULW barrel. We'll let the Fancy Nancies go run their own tests instead of slam yours for inadequacy.

I second the comment about 50 yards. If you are up for this again, I would love to see what the rifle will do when they stretch their legs a little. My guess is longer distances will reveal more of a gap between barrels. But who knows?

Thanks again, and beautiful guns, by the way.

Thank you, sir. I'm definitely planning on a 50-yard test to see how the two rifles fare. My guess is the same as yours... I think there will be a noticeable difference at the extended range. The only reason I did the test initially at 25 yards was because I was sighting the rifles in at that range for my upcoming Appleseed trip. If I can shoot half as well from standing, sitting and prone as I did on the bench that day I think I'll be in good shape for the event.

I just have to find some time to head back out to the range and get the 50-yard test done... not that I need much convincing to do so :)

Please stay tuned.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I definitely think everyone should do a comparison between their rifles, with the ulw barrel, at 50 yds. It would be neat to see, for sure.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The shooting sports have always been a top priority for me since I'm single. The current focus is on preparing lead bullets for 30-06, 7.62x54R and 8mm Mauser. The low priced barrel project sounds like a winner. When I started building 10-22 rifles, I went overboard so there are lots of toys around here to fiddle with. Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess, right?

Yup, we'll put that on the schedule!

Flash

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    If you'd like to see what the ER shaw is capable of, just take a look at the Rimfire challenge scoring thread. Every target I have ever shot for score was using my 10/22 w/18" SS Er shaw bull barrel. I had a good run a while back where I shot some 99s and 100s for 3 months consecutively. I built a copycat rifle of mine using an 18" kidd SS bead blasted barrel and bedded or floated still that rifle did not shoot as well as the ER shaw barrel. Same optics, head spacing, trigger pull, ammo and environment. Maybe I just got a dud. It's still a great looking barrel and outshoots a stock barrel effortlessly but it is just not quite as good.

Top Bottom