• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Serious question.
    Can I open carry on a Florida or Arizona non resident license?

I really don't want to pay my home state to exercise a constitutional right.

Thanks.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm thinking near the end of the year only warnings will be issued. Prosecutors won't want to try to convict anybody after Jan 1 for breaking a law that was made invalid by the new one.

This ain't one I'm willing to test.
    I've gone to school with and seen the work of some local city, county, and state prosecutors.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm thinking near the end of the year only warnings will be issued. Prosecutors won't want to try to convict anybody after Jan 1 for breaking a law that was made invalid by the new one.
    You willing to gamble? The bill says....

SECTION 52. The changes in law made by this Act to Sections 62.082 and 284.001, Parks and Wildlife Code, and to Sections 30.05, 30.06, 46.02, 46.03, 46.035, and 46.15, Penal Code, apply only to an offense committed on or after the effective date of this Act. An offense committed before the effective date of this Act is governed ~ by the law in effect on the date the offense was committed, and the former law is continued in effect for that purpose. For purposes of this section, an offense was committed before the effective date of this Act if any element of the offense occurred before that date. SECTION 53. Except as otherwise provided by this Act, this Act takes effect January 1, 2016.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Glad something passed. How many people are going to regularly OC if they are going to have a LE contact every time they get out of their car to go into a store. If you are running errands, the possibility of being detained and having your license checked 5 or 6 times a day would make it more of a pain in the ass than it is worth.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I for one will OC exclusively beginning 1/1/16. Primarily for comfort. I don't forsee being stopped, and if I am, depending on his attitude will determine if I file a complaint or not. Any complaints I file will be followed up on and each and every stop, regardless of outcome will be documented. If a pattern of harassment begins to emerge, next session we take legislative steps if necessary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    I have a CHL and I'm openly against open carry. Just like I don't go tempting thieves with valuables, I don't want to give someone another reason to try to rob me or give away my element of surprise.
    I have known of many people that received a bullet in their head to steal their gun.
    I'll continue to carry concealed

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I have a CHL and I'm openly against open carry. Just like I don't go tempting thieves with valuables, I don't want to give someone another reason to try to rob me or give away my element of surprise.
    I have known of many people that received a bullet in their head to steal their gun.

Links, please?

This has not happened in other states.

Open carrying, regularly, will HELP desensitize the scared soccer moms - ESPECIALLY if we can get the pro-gun women to do the same thing.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio

How many is many? 5, 15, 100?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I would be real curious to know where to find information on this.
    Questions;
    If correct, why wasn't it plastered all over the news to stop any kind of open carry?
    Why not during the hearings or debates?
    I would think that a bad guy that brazen would also not be afraid to sneak up on a lone cop and do the same thing. Seems like Bloomberg and others would make sure everyone knew of those instances as well.
    I don't plan on open carrying that often, but it's nice to know I can if I want to.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I would be real curious to know where to find information on this.
    Questions;
    If correct, why wasn't it plastered all over the news to stop any kind of open carry?
    Why not during the hearings or debates?
    I would think that a bad guy that brazen would also not be afraid to sneak up on a lone cop and do the same thing. Seems like Bloomberg and others would make sure everyone knew of those instances as well.
    I don't plan on open carrying that often, but it's nice to know I can if I want to.

I think he overheard a guy who is the friend of a guy who has a sister who thinks she read about it somewhere.

Top Bottom