• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Received this from Texas GOA and passing it on...

Give Speaker Bonnen an Education on Constitutional Carry

Dear Gun Owners,

Once again, Speaker Bonnen has made it obvious that he does not at all understand Constitutional Carry or your right to keep and bear arms.

On Sunday evening the Speaker referred to our Constitutional Carry bill, HB 357, as “legislation that threatens the safety of our communities and makes it near impossible for law enforcement to distinguish between law abiding gun owners and criminals.”

This ridiculous statement follows a slew of other fake news he’s been propagating on social media and in press statements, such as the following:

People who want constitutional carry are “fringe activists” — FALSE

HB 357 would allow criminals to legally carry guns — FALSE

Constitutional Carry is bad policy — FALSE

It’s dangerous to allow people to carry a gun without a license and proper training — FALSE

So let’s help him out!

I have a handout titled, “Constitutional Carry Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Does” that will supply him with the facts he is obviously missing.

I need YOU to mail him a copy of this factsheet THIS WEEK — as soon as possible!

Print up a copy of the handout (regular paper is fine, and black and white is fine). Find it right here.

https://gunownersofamerica.cmail19.com/t/i-l-pbujuk-ykydjdvn-t/

If possible, add a handwritten note. Be professional but firm. Let him know that Constitutional Carry is good policy and helps keep Texans safe.

Address a stamped envelope to:

Speaker Dennis Bonnen
    P.O. Box 2910
    Austin, TX 78768

Drop it in a mailbox.

Please spread the word to your friends, neighbors, and local shooting groups, and ask them to mail the Speaker a copy of this handout also.
    We need to help him understand what Constitutional Carry actually is!

Just a reminder: stay professional and keep your cool while you speak truth on the phone, online, and in person. Our message is stronger when we stay on point, avoid personal attacks (and avoid taking things personally), and focus on speaking the facts firmly and clearly.

Thanks for helping spread the message that Texans are safer with Constitutional Carry!

For more truth bombs and mythbusting on Constitutional Carry, see my video.

For liberty,
    Rachel Malone
    Texas Directory, Gun Owners of America

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I am not sure that came from the GOA. The url looks a little fishy to me.
    Military Camp

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I sent a copy of it to bonehead along with a note saying that I believe that he already knows what CC is and that he is just another anti-gun politician.

Reactions: gll

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    If you want to get your heart rate up, Bonnen is interviewed and it will be on Lone Star Politics Sunday - Channel 5 NBC in the Metroplex.

They showed a snippet and I am sure my wife didn't like that I was yelling profanities at the TV. He doubles down with the threat against him and "legalizing" felons carrying guns. Alluded that those in Favor of CC live in the woods or a cave.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you want to get your heart rate up, Bonnen is interviewed and it will be on Lone Star Politics Sunday - Channel 5 NBC in the Metroplex.

They showed a snippet and I am sure my wife didn't like that I was yelling profanities at the TV. He doubles down with the threat against him and "legalizing" felons carrying guns. Alluded that those in Favor of CC live in the woods or a cave.

Thanks. I’ll have to see if that’s played down here.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I just emailed nbcdfw with links to the videos asking them to include them in their story although I know it is too late for that. But maybe they will do a followup.

I also emailed abc13 and cbs dfw with links to the videos asking them to do a story on bonehead's lies. I told both cbs and abc about the nbc story so maybe that will make them want to do a story on it.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    You should have included the flyer that is being asked to be sent to Bonehead as well. It points out his false statements. What kind of reporter wouldn't research the story and find this out anyway? It shouldn't have to be pointed out to them.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You should have included the flyer that is being asked to be sent to Bonehead as well. It points out his false statements. What kind of reporter wouldn't research the story and find this out anyway? It shouldn't have to be pointed out to them.

Yes, I should have sent a link to the flyer as well, but I didn't think of it. Maybe you or some of the other folks here can email them also. The more people that email them the more likely that they will report it.

There is a 'contact' link on their websites.

Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Sent them an email through their link with the video and the flyer and some rational comments. Don't know whether it went through or not though as their web site gives no indication that anything was actually sent. At least not for me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Rumor has it that Bonnen threatened him, that none of his bills would get out of committee if he didn't withdraw HB 357.
    UP9A0603.jpg

Attachments

• UP9A0603.jpg
      UP9A0603.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 606

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This the segment? https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/O...bout-legislature-death-threats-509398191.html
    He says we're all living in a cave in the woods, and the issue is about letting a felon carry a gun. :turkey:

Wow. Apparently, as a retired military officer with graduate and undergraduate degrees, and more than a few professional designations, working as a professional for a Fortune 100 company, I’m an insane, knuckle-dragging backwoods cave-dweller simply because I support one of the GOP’s priority issues for this legislative session.

Top Bottom