• AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    HB195 Filed today. "Open carry of handguns"
    Texas Legislature Online - 84(R) History for HB 195

"Relating to the carrying of handguns; providing for the open carrying of handguns; removing the requirement that a person who may lawfully possess handguns obtain a Concealed Handgun License in order to carry a handgun lawfully in the state of Texas, and conforming changes."

Am I reading that correctly - no CHL required to carry concealed or open? It will be interesting to see how this goes in any event.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    "Relating to the carrying of handguns; providing for the open carrying of handguns; removing the requirement that a person who may lawfully possess handguns obtain a Concealed Handgun License in order to carry a handgun lawfully in the state of Texas, and conforming changes."

Am I reading that correctly - no CHL required to carry concealed or open? It will be interesting to see how this goes in any event.

Did you read the text? (nb It might not have been available when that was posted.)

84(R) HB 195 - Introduced version - Bill Text

"SECTION 1. This act shall be known and cited as the Texas Constitutional Carry Act of 2015."

This is what we want, or very close to it. I doubt it will pass, we'll probably have to compromise on a few steps on the way. But this is pretty awesome.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Going for all the marbles here, will love to see how far this gets before getting shot down. I like the amended portion about disarming by a peace officer, and the change to probable cause vs. "reasonably believes."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Will probably not pass and be replaced by a bill requiring CHL, or will be amended so that CHL is required.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Q

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Will probably not pass and be replaced by a bill requiring CHL, or will be amended so that CHL is required.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Q

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Going for all the marbles here, will love to see how far this gets before getting shot down. I like the amended portion about disarming by a peace officer, and the change to probable cause vs. "reasonably believes."

It needs some work, but I hope it get's traction.

Re the reasonably believes to PC; everyone should understand that peace officers don't have to convince you that they have PC. ;)

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It needs some work, but I hope it get's traction.

Re the reasonably believes to PC; everyone should understand that peace officers don't have to convince you that they have PC. ;)

Yeah but if it passes, you'd have grounds to give them shit after the fact. But yeah when guns are involved, I expect I'll be doing exactly what the officer says and save the troublemaking for after the encounter.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    However much one may like the bill the way it is written is going to prevent it from having the slightest possibility of passing.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Bills are typically rewritten, often multiple times. This is an encouraging start though.
    Yep. At work, whenever I start a new project/procedure/research or whatever I make my employees write out a detailed plan. It is IMHO 100% more effective than having a damn meeting with no proposed plan. Yes, we will hack on it, but it gives us a starting point. The way the current bill is written, it seems to me to be the grand slam of constitutional carry (ok - I lie - maybe a triple.) Got to start somewhere.

Top Bottom