• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    So I guess I don't understand the semantics. We all know we have to do BG checks when buying a firearm from dealers, even at gun shows, seems pretty universal to me.

How is a "Universal Background Check" any different (except to include private sales)?

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I go to a lot of gun shows, and I rarely, if ever, see an individual selling a gun. Sure, there is the occasional guy walking around with the sign around his neck, but there are a lot of outlets to sell your private arms.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    yep so when you buy private party at a gun show you have to walk outside to do the deal without a paper trail lol.

Another worthless piece of paper of a law.

Worthless? Absolutely. You better believe the Demanding Mommies will be pushing it hard as a "good first step." They are playing the long game, with small incremental infringements adding up to the eventual disappearance of our rights.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So I guess I don't understand the semantics. We all know we have to do BG checks when buying a firearm from dealers, even at gun shows, seems pretty universal to me.

How is a "Universal Background Check" any different (except to include private sales)?

In this context, UBC would be any and every firearm transaction would require a NICS check unless it the purchaser falls into one of two excepted categories.

Where this particular bill is especially repugnant is in requiring the seller to maintain a record of the sale. That, is de facto traceability and therefore creates every thing required for a registry.

Additionally, if you don’t do these things, it’s a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by a $4,000 fine or 1 year in prison.

It also “allows” a reasonable charge for background checks. Essentially it says you have to buy your way out of a Class A misdemeanor while at the gun show, but a private transaction elsewhere is perfectly legal, so now a there’s two sets of rules and I can guarantee that the seller is going to be on the hook to prove a private sale wasn’t at a gun show.

Seriously, the abuse aspect of that particular should be evident. If it’s not, think about an angry ex-wife scenario.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Worthless? Absolutely. You better believe the Demanding Mommies will be pushing it hard as a "good first step." They are playing the long game, with small incremental infringements adding up to the eventual disappearance of our rights.
    Like the kids from Parkland said. Raising the age to purchase a firearm to 21 are baby steps to their ultimate goal of a total repeal of the 2A!

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    any of our members in the area around Sugarland should get the word out to vote against Rep Reynolds in the next election

a representative introducing legislation while hiding out of state should be against the law

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I go to a lot of gun shows, and I rarely, if ever, see an individual selling a gun. Sure, there is the occasional guy walking around with the sign around his neck, but there are a lot of outlets to sell your private arms.
    I am selling off a 50 year collection and buy a table at several shows a year- I am not a dealer and was not required to do background checks in Arizona or Texas, however I did have to do them in Colorado. I sell less than 10 per year and no longer go out of state.

Top Bottom