• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Back into the garden this afternoon, planted 9 bell peppers, 18 more holes of potatoes, planting this second round to since I had quite a few left and to make seed potatoes for next spring so I will not need to buy any! Also planted a second round of bush beans and put up bird netting on the blueberry, black berry, strawberry and cherry tomatoes, damn Mocking Birds just love the fruits!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today's grand experiment was Bread and Butter Zickles (Pickled Zucchini). Made 2 quarts and 2 pints. I have been eating so many zucchini I am turning GREEN!! The second planting of zucchini are blooming, the yellow squash are bearing fruit. I have been picking green (bush) beans for 3 weeks or so, the pole beans are putting on and starting to bear, cucumbers are thriving, second planting of potatoes are 10 to 12 inches tall, first planting will need to be harvested soon and the third planting are beginning to poke their little eyes above the soil. All of the peppers are doing well, the only thing not doing well are the okra, can't have everything perfect! And the cow peas (purple hull) are coming up as well. The golden bantam has 2 ears on most stalks, damn I may loose weight eating all of the veggies!! But I will be content to enjoy them!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Todays project, my outdoor "Beer" table. I've been using an old sycamore stump for a table for 20 yrs, finally needed to replace it. The wood is all reclaimed pallet wood. I did not get fancy, I used simple hand tools, no jointer or anything like that. It is far from perfect, just serviceable. Clear marine grade varnish so I can see the natural wood.

Table 1.jpg Table 2.jpg Table 3.jpg

Attachments

• Table 1.jpg
      Table 1.jpg
      127.6 KB · Views: 312
    • Table 2.jpg
      Table 2.jpg
      104.1 KB · Views: 324
    • Table 3.jpg
      Table 3.jpg
      118.3 KB · Views: 326

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today's prepared-ness accomplishments:

Dug about 100lbs of red potatoes up, canned 2 qts. and 1 pt. of dill pickle chips, 8 pts. of a vegetable medley I am trying, (zucchini, yellow squash, baby carrots, green & yellow bell pepper, garlic and onions) first time attempting this, and 1 qt. of pickled carrots, this may not work, but I had some brine left so what the heck!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today's prep, 4 pints of Dilly Beans, 4 pints of Dill Chips and 7 Quarts of Dill Spears. I have been freezing all of the green beans I have not been eating, and that has been about 4 quart bags each day, and about 3 quart bags of zucchini every other day.
    Been eating all the cherry tomatoes, I think in a week or so the big boy and big beef tomatoes should be getting ripe, they are growing like crazy, should be picking corn soon, ears are filling out nicely, some stalks even have 3 ears!!
    I think tomorrow I may make some stuffed jalapenos, or I might just pickle them.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Once again in the kitchen, 3 quarts of dill spears, 2 quarts of whole dills, 2 quarts dill chips, 3 pints of dill spears, and 2 pints of pickled jalapenos!

Then it was outside to break down 7 pallets so I can make some more raised beds. I bought a pallet buster and a pneumatic punch for nail removal, so worth it. Tomorrow, I will go to the shop and pick up some more pallets and collect some hardwood shavings from the planes used for sizing wood for the doors. This works well in the compost since it is so fine of a material. Free stuff!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Update for 6/6/20 : canned 6 quarts of pickle halves, 2 quarts dill chips, 3 quarts of zucchini, 2 pints green beans and 2 pints jalapenos.

Update for 6/7/20 : planted the next succession of bush beans and yellow squash.

Update for 6/14/20 : built 3 more raised beds (4'Wx8'Lx18"D), filled 2.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    6/18/20: 7:20pm just finished making 2 gallons of grape juice from the wild grapes growing here in Colorado, County TX. I will be making grape jelly this weekend. We have a very nice crop growing in the wild this year, best I have seen in 10 yrs. !!!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    No I do not. My way of thinking is that in jars the critters will stay out and it does not need electricity to accomplish.

I will use the food saver vacuum for putting a vacuum with O2 absorbers for dry beans, pasta and rice.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I do want to get one of the All American pressure canners, right now I just water bath what is safe to do. But eventually I want to start doing, meats, stews and soups so I can have some ready made meals when veggies are in season.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    6/28/20

Another busy day in the kitchen. 11 quarts of dill pickle spears, 4 pints of tomatoes, 7 pints of salsa and 1 pint of okra. I have been freezing okra daily, and had just enough to do a pint from what I picked this morning.

Edit, actually 11 pints of salsa, I was running two water baths and I didn't count 4 pints while I was waiting for them to finish,

Last edited:

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    I do want to get one of the All American pressure canners, right now I just water bath what is safe to do. But eventually I want to start doing, meats, stews and soups so I can have some ready made meals when veggies are in season.
    Your canning is most impressive!
    I have a Presto pressure canner, way cheaper than the All American but cheaper in construction too. Worth the buy even though I plan on upgrading later down the road.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I would not say impressive, but thanks for the compliment. I am kind of lazy about fiddle-ing around with seals and all that. Besides I see it sort of like buying a nice 1911, buy once cry once! LOL!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Looks very good. My wife makes french bread in a cast iron dutch oven. Best bread on the planet and after the kung flu is over and the next meet happens I am bringing some

Top Bottom